1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Peterson Automotive Museum in LA

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by aaf709, Oct 1, 2006.

1. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Yesterday I went to the Peterson Automotive Museum in Los Angeles to see their exhibit on alternatives to petroleum. It's pretty good and worth the trip. :)

They had a chart with the different types of fuels; answering questions about availability, renewable and the like. They had examples of various vehicles. I took a lot of pictures and will provide a link later.

The first cars you see is an EV1 and a Sparrow. When you turn to the left you see the 2005 Prius that was "customized" by George Barris. Interesting, he did nothing to the interior, other than a pair of fuzzy dice. Entering the main exhibit you see a couple of concept cars from the 1950s suggesting that cars in the future would be atomic powered. Then they show how to make bio-diesel and a truck that runs on vegetable oil. As you walk around there's an MB with a wankel engine. Next is some gas/electric hybrids, the earliest being from 1914. Next are electic cars from the 70s and 80s, although there's one from 1897 too (on the first floor is an EV from 1915). There are two steam vehicles, although neither is a Stanley. In the middle are a couple of fuel cell cars. Nearby is a Citroen that runs on coal gas.

Interestingly, they were missing an obvious one; a car that runs on CNG. Ah well, I suppose there's just so much room and they may not have had one to show.

In the center is an example of a multi-fuel car....a 1963 Chrysler turbine car. That one is my wife's favorite (and mine as well).

All in all it's a great exhibit, but you'll have to hurry. It ends on October 15th.

2. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds really cool, thanks for the link, can't wait to see your photos...