1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PETIE GETS HIS PRIUS

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Ptpiz, Apr 16, 2004.

1. Ptpiz

Ptpiz New Member

HELLO EVERYONE! THIS IS PEDRO PIZARRO (PETIE). I am the 16 year old teen prius buyer and I am here to proudly announce. I HAVE MY PRIUS!

What happened was... My dealer called about my black saying it will probably be one LOOONG time (about 4-7 MORE months). I quickly jumped on the phone that day and called over 48 dealers (yes, i counted). I finally spoke to one who said that they would be getting one in that night or the next morning and that it was pre-sold, but the owner was on vacation.

The man then called me the next morning and he said that I could go see it if I wanted to buy it! Then I went to the dealer which is approx. 45 mins. away. I spoke to the salesperson and ACCEPTED THE CAR!

We then called the original buyer which the car was pre-sold to and I personally asked her if it was alright that I take her car, since the dealer would not be able to let her have the car (she was on vacation and wouldn't get back for a month).

She said it was fine and congratulated me! NOW I AM THE PROUD OWNER OF A NEW PRIUS!

It is not the ORIGINAL color that I wanted, which is black, but I LOVE MY COLOR! The color of my prius is seaside pearl. I never really liked it online, but when I saw it in person I thought it was even MORE beautiful than the black. It is also a package 9 and came with 2 miles on it. I have since put 39 miles on the thing driving it around and showing it off to all of my friends.

They all LOVE the color and the actual car itself. They even love the design (which I didn't think they would like, because some people just do not like it).

Well, I will post some pictures when I get a chance. Right now I am going to get it tinted by the BEST tinting place around.

WHAT percentage tints should I get? I was thinking about 10% for the back windows and 20% for the front? That is all legal here in FL by the way!

2. paulisme

paulisme New Member

Man, you must have a damn good job for a 16-year-old to be able to buy a Prius! :)

3. Ptpiz

Ptpiz New Member

I sure do! I profesionally edit videos for a VERY well known production company that hosts Bar Mitzvahs, Weddings, and corporate events!

I am not your average teen. I have always been the "different" one.

I use a Macintosh computer, drive a Toyota Prius, Edit videos on Final Cut Pro 4, and plan to attend one of the best film schools to go into the future career of my choice, Directing and Producing inspirational and motivational films for audiences everywhere.

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Uh oh, not this again. :)

Seriously, congratulations Pete! I'm glad you took our advice and called around, became flexible about your colors, etc - look where it got you :)

You'll find the seaside a lot easier to maintain than the black, and in college you'll be very happy about that when you don't have access to car washes all the time and your car sits collecting dust & dirt.

Congrats!

5. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats Pete/Pedro/Ptpiz....whatever. I'm with Danny, the flexibility paid off and you found a color you like. I too have the Seaside and really love it as well. Tinting is a MUST, IMO, it really gives a great look.

I'm glad you found your car.

6. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

:cussing: Congrats. Since you're good at photo editing, can I sned you a picture of my head and have you superimpose it onto the drivers side so I can feel like I have mine too? I sometimes feel that's the only way I'll ever get one.

Manny
    Picante #9 to be.
    Day 102

7. jasond

jasond New Member

I had the same thing happen with colors. I had to list three I would accept, but when a car was available, it was red, so I took it. I loved the red (nothing like what it looks like in the swatches), and if I'd known what it looked like, it would've been my top choice.

"...called over 48 dealers (yes, i counted). "

So that would be... 49 dealers?

Anyway, congrats :)

8. paulisme

paulisme New Member

That's awesome! When you're rubbing elbows with Steven Speilburg and Peter Jackson a couple years from now, don't forget us PriusChatters :)

9. mboileau

mboileau New Member

And Petie, don't forget to drive that Prius to the Oscars some day and make sure everyone knows it's not a loaner! More congrats on your new car as well as your tenacity for finding a way to make it happen. Not sure everyone who's waiting would go through that many dealers, but when you're waiting around, you have plenty of time...

10. Jerry P

Jerry P Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Congrat Petie! You sound like one well-directed young man - a refreshing rarity in any generation. Hope your Prius is all you hoped it would be. Good luck in your career! :D

11. Ptpiz

Ptpiz New Member

I LOVE MY PRIUS! Today it took me right to the window tinting place without a problem. Also, the window tinting does not affect the NAV system whatsoever. The only HUGE complaint I have is the TERRIBLE QUALITY of the bluetooth connection with my T616.

I connected the phone without a problem and even transferred the phone book, but every time I make or receive a call, the quality is TERRIBLE and it drops out every 5-6 words. I cannot understand the person I am talking to, they cannot understand me (bluetooth phone option is useless).

I am also doing this with the car parked and absolutely NO NOISE coming from the car. WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM? Is this how it is? Is it my Sony Ericsson T616? What can I do to fix this problem?

12. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Try turning down the speaker volume for the phone...the feedback can cause distortion.

13. Brian

Brian Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I had the same problem with my T616. I had enabled it on the way home from the dealer. It was terrible. Then I deleted the phone from the Prius and the Prius from the phone and did the connect again. This time it was clear as crystal. I really hope that works. And congratulations on the car, I too am 16 and have my Silver #9 and it is just a joy. By the way, as a new driver, like myself, what type of gas milage are you currently getting. I am currently getting 42 mpg. Hope you have it better than I do. And I don't know about you, but since this is my first and new car, I am washing it every weekend. :D :mrgreen: Have a good time. And another thing, have you considered seat covers, I am so that non of my friends ruin the cloth seats.
    Hope that helps
    Brian

14. starla30

starla30 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Congrats Ptpiz!

15. Ptpiz

Ptpiz New Member

16. Brian

Brian Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Nice tint on the windows. I didn't want that dark though.

17. Ptpiz

Ptpiz New Member

The window tint is actually not too dark at all. It is all legal here in FL!

18. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Is that in front of Tony Montana's house? :lol:

Good lookin' car, Pete.

19. mostbucketgirl

mostbucketgirl New Member

That looks great!! I was thinking of getting tinted windows too - and don't let whomever get to you. I had a nice car when I was 16 too, but I'm not saying what it is in case I get flamed. (have pity on the new poster!) (and thanks mom and dad!) Hey, at least you bought it on your own dime! 8)

OK, and for the newbie, I've seen this several times but can't figure out what it means, what the heck is IMO or IMHO or whatever it is.

20. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    In My Opinion or In My Humble Opinion.

You can find more Prius-related terms here:

http://www.priuschat.com/forums/kb.php?mod...ode=article&k=3

Welcome to PriusChat!