1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Peugeot Hybrid 50 mpg!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by SZ92, Oct 3, 2008.

1. SZ92

SZ92 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
  2. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The keyword is Concept car. Pretty wild performance numbers they are claiming. Put it in production and let's see how much it will cost to make it.

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My guess is that the mpg figure is based upon the Imperial gallon, so now we're down to ~40 mpg. Then, how did Peugeot achieve the mpg rating: driving at 30 mph on a flat road?

The through-the-road concept is interesting. The good news is that the power split device and the associated computing power are not required. The potential bad news is how to synchronize the power provided by the gasoline engine and the electric motor so that one is not providing a drag on the other.

4. SZ92

SZ92 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I understand it is a concept car and that it will probably be very expenisve if built, but I still think it's pretty cool. Also, if it got anywhere near 40mpg that would be pretty amazing given the specs.

5. Picasso Moon

Picasso Moon Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Peugeot (French POS) 50 mpg - BS!!!

Let's see the results from the EPA cycle with it meeting US emissions and safely standards. Remember, we kept here the wild 60 mpg figures from VW about the new TDI and it came in at 33 combined mpg. Regardless, if it is a conceived, designed, made or has anything to do with France I wouldn't sit in it let alone buy one.