1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Phantom Gray Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by willbolk, Jun 4, 2006.

1. willbolk

willbolk New Member

apologies if this is a terrible first post... i did a search and couldn't find any info, so i think i may have my answer: was the prius ever available in phantom gray? a socal dealer says he has an '06 phantom gray prius available, but i think he may be confused and it is actually magnetic gray. if it is truly phantom gray, then i'm guessing it would be a slightly older model in which case i'm going to expect some relief on his asking price.

anyone know?

thanks in advance

2. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds like a phantom to me - you might wait a really long time for that ship to come in. I did hear rumours of a magentic grey, but I think it was a typo. :)

3. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The only factory-offered colors are listed on the Toyota website at http://www.toyota.com/prius/color.html. When I picked up my Driftwood Pearl Prius, the sales person kept calling it "desert sand," which is another very similar Toyota color, but not available on the Prius.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's not Phantom Grey Pearl. Magnetic Grey replaces that.

5. keydiver

keydiver New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon @ Jun 4 2006, 01:45 PM) [snapback]265642[/snapback]</div>
    Another factor may be that car companies routinely change/update the names of the colors, so the same exact bottle of touchup paint at the dealer can have 3 or 4 names on it. Perhaps the "Phantom Gray" from last year is the same paint code as "Magnetic Gray" this year, but the dealer's still wrong to call it by that. Its SOOOO last year. :lol:

6. willbolk

willbolk New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(keydiver @ Jun 5 2006, 01:21 PM) [snapback]266082[/snapback]</div>
    spoke to someone else at the same dealership, he called it "mica gray." turns out the car was sold already anyway, so it's a moot point. but, i'm next in line for a magnetic gray somewhere else.

thanks for the replies

7. cooljw

cooljw Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Car salespeople are a great source for mis-information. I've learned to do the research myself instead of relying on anything they say. Plus, I would say the chance of there being a non-market color Prius making it's way to the U.S. is very slim.

Are in you San Diego? I should be getting a Magnetic Gray down here this month too.

8. jeromep

jeromep Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There has never been a "phantom gray" in the Prius linup. The 04-05 gray was called Millenium Silver and references to paint code 1C0. Early 06, the only gray color available was Classic Silver, which had more blue in it than Millenium and now the Magnetic Gray, which is very dark.

9. willbolk

willbolk New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cooljw @ Jun 5 2006, 02:06 PM) [snapback]266115[/snapback]</div>
    no, i'm in la, but almost drove down to chula vista or mossy for a car, luckily found one about 75 miles closer.