1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PHEV in Australia

Discussion in 'Prius PHEV Plug-In Modifications' started by amaroocars, Oct 28, 2009.

1. amaroocars

amaroocars New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Just purchased a Enginer kit for a Prius to retrofit and test. I have done some research and this seems to offer best value for gain in EV distance. I will do some testing on temprature of convertor and general output. Any other Aussies done or looking to convert their Prius.
    My aim is to make a 2.5L/100km car now rather than wait till the industry get forced into it.
    Cheers
    David

1 person likes this.
  2. wintechsw

wintechsw Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Sounds good, Can you give a few more details, where to get it, cost, ease of installation, support etc.

1 person likes this.
  3. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Good on ya Dave. I wanted to do this but my personal situation is such I couldn't take the chance being so far away from the supplier and the system being in a beta form at the moment.

Good luck with it, keep us posted please.

1 person likes this.
  4. amaroocars

amaroocars New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Have replied to "Wintechsw" pvt with info and will keep you guys upto date with progress. looks like it will be good value cost effective winner.
    Im going to fully test it and maybe make a few mods to suit local conditions.

Cheers David

1 person likes this.
  5. linuxpenguin

linuxpenguin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

I know Plugin Conversions just did a few installations in Australia and I believe now has a dealer there--not quite sure where it is in Australia though. You might want to try contacting them for details--I know from experience their system works quite well and has EV drive up to 112 KPH.

Link if you are interested:
    Plug-In Home

Andrew

1 person likes this.