1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

phew. Pedal bad. Omg

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by appraiser-ht, May 14, 2016.

1. appraiser-ht

appraiser-ht Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yes I had it happen on a 2009 with 75170 miles. I was in a roundabout and the car started slowing. The dreaded red triangle, VSC light, a yellow light between the other 2, and the red car with the exclamation mark on the center display. I towed it to Toyota shop. It was a failure of the gas pedal. They cleared the codes, and test drove it 10 miles. I made a 25 mile drive home, without problems. Strange thing is I have a 2005 Prius with 215100 miles, no problems lately.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    isn't this the oddest thing you've ever heard of? are these the pedals made in indiana that were causing u/a?

3. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    List the codes the check engine lights threw. There listed on the receipt. If not call the dealer and see if you can get them.
    Doubt its just the pedal and it fixed itself. It may be the throttle body is very gunked up. If its never been cleaned....it is. There's a motor on the throttle body that stalls if the tb is gunked up.
    And check the engine oil.