1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Philips Bulb Finder Page

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Pat Shediack, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Pat Shediack

Pat Shediack Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I'm thinking of upgrading my 2014 Prius V's headlights from the OEM bulbs to something a bit brighter. I found a Bulb Finder page on the Phillips web site that supposedly lists the various bulbs that can be used on a 2014 Prius V. Has anyone used this web page to find bulbs or used any of the listed Phillips bulbs, especially the non-LED Bulbs.

(I'd post the link but the web site won't let me since I haven't posted the required number of threads beforehand. Ughhh!)

I noticed Pep Boys carries these bulbs, so I'm thinking of just letting one of their folks skin his or her knuckles instead of me (esp. after I looked at the tight space where the headlight bulbs go!). Has anyone had them change the bulbs out for them?

Thank you.
    I'm

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Your brightest halogen option is to use Philips or Osram 65w H9 halogen bulbs in place of the oem 55w H11 bulbs. Some minor modifications are needed, but you get 50% more light, and the H9 bulbs are much cheaper than the "premium" H11 bulbs.

There is a link in my signature below, look for the video posted by mediahound at the end of the thread.