1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Phoenix 5th meet up

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by sparkyAZ, Dec 2, 2007.

1. sparkyAZ

sparkyAZ übergeek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    So the November meet kind of got rained out. Now to decide on the time/place for the next meet. I think the Riverview area (101/202) might be a good place for a meet, maybe towards the end of the month say Dec 28?

2. ybnormal

ybnormal New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    That is my son's birthday plus it is half way to New Mexico for me here in the NW valley.

3. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Riverview is great for us down here in Chandler. As for the 28th, I dont think we have anything going on yet, so that works too!

4. Pingman73

Pingman73 New Member

yeah that works :) I dont care how far any meet is, I just enjoy driving PERIOD:cool:! maybe we can meet in that HUGE shopping complex I think its Hayden south of 202?

5. gone2green

gone2green grumpier than the grumpiest old man you know ;)

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    In Phoenix AZ from Missouri any other meets before

the 28th planned?
    will be in town for 2 weeks fun and gamble time, oh yeah see the daughter too:D

6. sparkyAZ

sparkyAZ übergeek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I don't mean to hijack the event planning, but I know we have myself, a member in Gilbert, Holly in Chandler, a member with an 08 Spectra Blue from Tempe that came to the November meet (sorry - forgot your name - please post to remind me!), and Pingman that are kinda sorta on this side.

YBN - I'll defer the planning of the next meet to you as I don't know where ANYTHING is on the west side of town! :)

Not sure what the complex is at Hayden south of the 202? Hopefully you're thinking of Mesa Riverview which is at Dobson road south of the 202. There's a Bass Pro shop and several restaurants in the area. Bass has a really neat aquarium, streams, and rock climbing wall inside if you've never seen it...

I hope the choice of restaurant is acceptable...:D

Well, not yet...hold on...

:eek:;):D:):eek:

Ok, I guess it is now.

...Hope you can join us!

Nuts - I can't post the flyer here because it is over 19.5kb. :mad:

I thought the best spot would be the Cracker Barrel restaurant at Mesa Riverview @ 6pm. The address is 1007 N. Dobson Road. [FONT=&quot] From the 202 take the Dobson road exit, go South then East at Bass Pro Road (the first stoplight). Drive till you see the restaurant, on the North side of the road. We'll meet in the lot somewhere.

[/FONT]

7. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    YUM cracker Barrel!! We're in for that!! & 6pm works just fine.

8. Pingman73

Pingman73 New Member

tempe market place, on rio solado west of 101. thats the area I was trying to think of ,but cracker barrel works for me

9. dc4549

dc4549 New Member

To:BigBlockGasGuzzlerPrius

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

10. chris_wass

chris_wass New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello All! I tuned out for a while, but I'd love to get back in and meet up with you all on the 28th! I'm in south Scottsdale, so Riverview is pretty close by for me too.

11. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Just checking in to see if this is still the planned meeting location/time. I'm so excited for Cracker barrel that even if no1 else shows, I'll enjoy a great meal!:lol:

12. TummyMan

TummyMan Tummy Man

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Question, are pre Prius owners allowed to attend these meet up's?

13. sparkyAZ

sparkyAZ übergeek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

I will be there, hopefully others will show too. At some point we'll have to figure out the new RSVP system Danny has mentioned for group meet-ups so we get an accurate count of attendees.

Of course, if it doesn't make the anticipation of waiting for your Prius too much to handle!

14. ybnormal

ybnormal New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Have a good time all. As I said earlier, it is my son's birthday so I will be with the family having Italian at Taggliani's in Glendale.

Start thinking bout the January get together. Do we want to just keep meeting to talk or do we want to have some sort of activity? Think about it and we'll discuss it after New Years.

15. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    We could always set up a poll thread... I think you can still change your answer? Im on so many formns that have different polls I cant remember!

Cya'll tonight!

16. chris_wass

chris_wass New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm sorry to say that I might not be able to make it tonight, as I'm still stuck at work downtown. :-(

17. chris_wass

chris_wass New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How was the meetup? Is there talk of one for January?

18. ybnormal

ybnormal New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I've wondered the same thing

19. jurban

jurban Positively 4th Street

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    When is the next meet-up??

20. sparkyAZ

sparkyAZ übergeek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Sorry for not posting an update sooner - I've been up to my eyeballs in projects lately.

Chris_wass and others - sorry we missed you at the meet. Holly, her DH Mike, and I were the bunch that showed up to the last meet and we had a great time at Cracker Barrel. I forgot about my cellphone camera otherwise I would have taken some pictures, although it was dark and Mike's black Prius would have been in Nightime Stealth Mode (invisible). :cool:

Anyways, I'll start a new thread so we can organize the next meet.