1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Phoenix 6th Meet up

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by sparkyAZ, Jan 10, 2008.

1. sparkyAZ

sparkyAZ übergeek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hi everyone! Now that we've all recovered (or semi-recovered) from The Holidays, it's time to plan the next meet. There were several ideas posted in the last meet thread, so we have a few things to decide this time around.

To summarize:

Do we want to have an activity or another general get-together?

Where do we want to meet?

When do we want to meet? Friday evening? Weekend morning, afternoon, or evening?

The last meet had a strong contingent of one Mesa and two Chandler residents, but hopefully we can find a date/time/location that allows more to attend.

I'm open to either type of get together, and as far as date/time/location, Friday evenings work best for me anywhere in Scottsdale, Tempe, or Mesa. Weekends can be hit and miss for me, and I'm way out in The Burbs so pretty much everywhere is a long drive. The meet places I'm familiar with are The Pavillions in Scottsdale, Riverview, and Tempe Marketplace. North Phoenix and west side owners will have to chime in with their suggestions since I'm not familiar with those areas.

:cool:

2. ybnormal

ybnormal New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    How about we meet somewhere on a Saturday morning then caravan up to Rock Springs (just over the county line on I-17) for some pie? The cafe there is well knowen for their pie. It is where the school bus drivers all go.

3. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I wont be making it if its this weekend or Next. Photographing Barrett-Jackson till the 20th! So Ya'll have lots of fun!!

If it were to be the weekend of the 25th/26th We might be able to catch up on that one.

4. Native_Prius

Native_Prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    OOohhh I like the Rock Springs idea... mainly because I like pie. just my two cent though!

5. ybnormal

ybnormal New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hang on H2 no one has proposed any date yet. I suggest we pick a date at least two weeks in advance so we can get the word out.

6. sparkyAZ

sparkyAZ übergeek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    It sounds like you're having all the fun you lucky girl! Do you need someone to lug around an empty film canister or memory card for you?

The 25th/26th should work out for me, but Rock Springs is like 70mi x 2 = 140 miles which works out to 3 DinoGallons per slice. I like pie and all, but maybe something a bit closer?

By the way, welcome to PriusChat Native_Prius ... it's always good to see a new member!

7. kabin

kabin Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    We're in the N. Scottsdale area, FLW is close. I'm thinking good car related meet spots would be coffee and deli shops, Scottsdale Pavillians on Sat night (shine 'em up and lift those prius' hoods;)), indoor go-carts (thought i'd sneak that one in as I've never been :)), and I hear the tortilla flats is a nice drive.

8. kabin

kabin Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    And how could we forget the Barrett-Jackson auction (quieter with current recession?) or a possible limited showing of this new car movie:
    Bloodcar - Save Gas, Drive Bloodcar. A blend of soylent green and the internal combusion engine. ;)

9. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yea I just noticed you said A Saturday.. When I first read it I thought it said Saturday (like this saturday), I wasnt paying close enough attention! :D

Id Love someone to carry my bag! ha-ha, But no I dont need anyone :p I'll be there all week, so if anyone comes, just watch out for me & the Camera!

I have no idea where Rock Springs is... I'll be up in N. Scotts till the 30th, so I guess its somewhere close. But whenever works great! (No Superbowl weekend for me either, Photographing that too).

10. sparkyAZ

sparkyAZ übergeek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Rock Springs is basically Black Canyon City. North on I-17 past New River, I'm guessing ~30 miles north of I-17 & 101.

11. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    well thats not too crazy for us right now. we're up north dog sitting

12. ybnormal

ybnormal New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    More like about 15 miles. It is right at the county line before Black Canyon City but past New River.

13. sparkyAZ

sparkyAZ übergeek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Right now, early evening on Friday the 25th would work best for me (or any Friday for that matter), since I'll be in N. Scottsdale anyways. Saturday is up in the air for me.

Location: I'd vote for a closer location. There's a Marie Callender's near 51 & Shea. How about everyone else? Please post your votes for location and date so we can get an idea of what is going to work best for the group.

14. h2photo

h2photo Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I really have no preference for this one.. though we should get something nailed down soon.

15. sparkyAZ

sparkyAZ übergeek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I agree. Now all we need to do is get the others to post their preference - don't be shy! kabin? Native_Prius? chris_waas? YBNormal? others... The floor is all yours!

16. Pingman73

Pingman73 New Member

friday the 25 works for me or sat 26th i like the idea of a drive to rock springs cafe just a bunch of Prii headin up I-17:D

17. sparkyAZ

sparkyAZ übergeek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    ^ right on! :cool:

So we have:
    Pingman: Friday or Saturday
    H2photo: ditto
    ybnormal: Saturday
    me: Friday after 4:30

...others?

18. ybnormal

ybnormal New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I still like the idea of meeting somewhere central (say I-17 and Loop 101) and caravaning up to Rock Springs Cafe. It is at exit 242 on I-17. Here is the link to their web site Rock Springs Cafe, Saloon, and General Store and an article about them Rock Springs Cafe, Rock Springs Arizona - The Pie Place off Interstate 17

(If I-17 and Loop 101 is not central enough for you who live almost to New Mexico, how about meeting at Desert Ridge?)

I just think we can start getting better turnout if we start doing something other than meet in a parking lot and talk about our cars for an hour or so. My son's Mini club does Autocross, scavenger hunts, day trips (last one was to Jerome) etc. They have 40 to 50 Minis show up each time.

19. sparkyAZ

sparkyAZ übergeek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Ok, it looks like it's just the 5 of us (including Holly's DH).

Desert Ridge on Friday the 25th works for me.

Since Desert Ridge covers a large territory, how about we meet in the parking lot at In-N-Out burger near the corner of Tatum and Deer Valley Road around 5 to 5:30 ish? From the 101, go North on Tatum, In-N-Out is on the East side of the road before you get to Deer Valley Rd.

20. Pingman73

Pingman73 New Member

me thinks you are bored with just hangin out, ask your son how to get our crew off the ground, if he is so successful