1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Phone apps questions

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by tanasit, Sep 20, 2012.

1. tanasit

tanasit Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Currently I am using a plain cell phone and plan to go for the smart phone. However my current one has the Bluetooth which I connected to the NAV and transferred the contacts and such. This works fine but I'd like to know that if I get myself an iPhone 5 or ??
    How will the apps work on the screen?
    Can I surf the internet using the NAV screen?
    Are there anything that I can only do through the phone screen but not on the NAV?

Thanks,

2. GerryL

GerryL Master Model Railroader

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I've got an Android (Samsung Galaxy S II) which works great with the in-dash system.

No, you can't surf the web on the NAV screen, however you can use Bing to search for stores, restaurants, etc. You can use the Weather app to give you the temps and forecasts. You can only surf the web through your phone's browser.

The Entune app is very specific as to what it will do and where it will go on the web: there's Bing, a fuel guide, iHeart Radio, an app to buy movie tickets or reserve restaurant tables, Pandora, get sports scores or stock prices, see the traffic or get the weather. And each of those apps is directed to a specific website.

3. tanasit

tanasit Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Well, I tried my niece phone which is the iPhone 3G but the Entune requires the 4.3 iOS (it's now 4.2). Unfortunately Apple is no longer support the 3G, thus the OS update is not available unless you are willing to go through the "hack" route.

Thanks,

4. CladMonitor

CladMonitor Hybrid Reality

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    My iPhone 5 (iOS6) on Verizon, works perfect, bluetooth internet (For all apps), text messaging address book the whole shabang! Im pretty happy with it!