1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Phone contacts disappear

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Joe166, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Joe166

Joe166 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    V
    I had a problem with my phone contacts disappearing from my bluetooth in my 2010. It was annoying but I lived with it. I had a IV with Nav and high end radio and an IPhone. I recently sold that car and bought a Lexus CT200, which as you know is very similar, particularly in the Nav unit and bluetooth. I had the same problem and I called Lexus about it. They professed ignorance of any problem but suggested I bring it to the attention of my dealer. I did and early this evening I got a call from my contact at the dealer who said the Service Manager had spoken to the "head Bluetooth guy" in Japan who said he was well aware of the problem and that their people were dealing with Apple on this and expected to have a software solution "soon" which could be flashed to the car or the phone.

I thought this was encouraging since this was the first time anyone with Lexus had ever acknowledged any problem.

One of the other posters on the CT200 site was able to replicate this problem by shutting off his IPhone and starting the car first, then turning on the phone. Each time he did this, the contacts disappeared.

Just thought some might find this of interest.