1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Phone is ringing off the hook...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sunnysandiegan, Dec 16, 2005.

1. sunnysandiegan

sunnysandiegan New Member

I have only been home 45 minutes and my phone has rang FOUR times and all four calls were from Toyota dealers. Two calls were from the SAME dealer! LOL Plus, I got an email from another dealer. All the calls were aimed at getting me into the dealer today to buy now. One salesman tried the "you can buy it now and not take delivery until 1/1/06" line. I told him no thanks. Someone else from his dealership called me back a few minutes later claiming to have overheard my conversation and wanted to clarify the tax law. I smiled to myself and let him 'clarify' away. He tried the "they are only giving the tax credit to the first 60,000 of ALL hybrids sold in 2006" line, which was a new one for me to hear. He was trying to tell me it was the first 60,000 hybrids of all manufacturers (versus EACH manufacturer). I politely corrected him and again said no thanks. I stopped him from trying to tell me all about how the tax credit is going to phase out before I can get into my new Prius by asking him what colors he had on his lot right now. His answer was, "a seaside and a green, which is seaside." (?????) These were calls 2 and 3. Call #1 was simple and easy...just checking in with me. Call #4 I changed tactics when she asked, "Are you still in the market for a 2006 Prius?" I asked her what colors she had on the lot right then. She has three silvers...one package #2 and two packages #8. We want a package #3, so that was easy. :) The email was from a completely different dealer and was for a silver #8.

Anyway, while I am on this topic. I saw a red Prius today. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!!!! It was too far ahead of me to figure out which year, though, so I have no idea if it was the red that is available now.

My dream (as far as colors on the Prius is concerned...LOL) is to see four 2006 Priuses lined up in daylight... Barcelona Red, Seaside Pearl, Silver Pine Mica, and Driftwood Pearl. I think Seaside is my first choice, but I'd love to see the others in person before plunking down $25k... ;)

Is anyone else getting these calls/emails? What are the dealers telling you?

2. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Well, I was on only one list (San Diego Toyota) who, in Sept '04, told me the wait was a year and a half! I started getting calls from them in January (4 or 5 in all).

I suggest you go to http://www.priusclubsd.com/ and contact the president. He might be able to help you. That's what I did when I was trying to see hwat the colors were really like. It's hard to tell on a computer screen or a brochure. We had a meeting last weekend, but no '06s were there.

3. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    I turned down another '06 today---I had previously told all dealers I'd only take delivery 1/1/06 or later---I can almost hear them piling up out there.

Bigger dealers who have, say, 6-8 '06s, all spoken for, should have an interesting day or two, 1/1-1/2/06. :)

4. frankie_delaware

frankie_delaware Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I got a call from KM for a silver #7, same response as you, no thanks. None of my other SD area dealers I'm listed on have called, maybe they don't think I'm as good a prospect from The OC.

I'm going to canvas all of my dealers this weekend and try to get reliable updates.

I'm starting to lean towards silver 7 or 8 instead of Barcelona Red. For one, I like the looks, and silver is the color being most offered when I get calls. I was told by one dealer that 40% of production is silver, and 40% (of all colors) is package 8.

fd

5. sunnysandiegan

Hey fd! Now that I think about it, I may be incorrect on the #8 silvers. They may in fact be #7s. I am not sure which package is offered here and since it was not a #3 (our choice), I didn't pay too close attention.

Kearny Mesa Toyota is the one who has three silver '06 Priuses, according to the saleswoman who called me today. I had been dealing with a salesman named Dan.

San Diego Toyota emailed me saying they had a silver '06 Prius.

Poway Toyota doesn't seem to know what they have, but they want me to come buy it. They have called me the most by far, but today they sounded rather ridiculous.

Mossy Toyota was just calling to keep me updated. Our deposit is there.

6. sunnysandiegan

We physically drove by Poway Toyota this afternoon to check out which colors they had on the lot. We were already going to Poway for a special event, so it was great timing! They had all three Prii right on the main road in very prominent positions.

Seaside Pearl
    Driftwood Pearl
    Silver Pine Mica

Without a doubt, seaside pearl was MY favorite of these three. I was surprised to find that I actually liked the SPM on the Prius!!! (I did NOT like it on the Sienna.) The driftwood pearl is my husband's favorite, but it reminds me of dirt. At least the sandy stuff we have here in San Diego. I am a COLOR girl, though, so I am not surprised I dislike the driftwood pearl when compared to a pretty medium blue and a light green.

The only color missing was RED!!! :D Aside from the red Prius I saw yesterday for a very brief instant, I have not seen any other red Prii around here. I see mostly black and silver ones.

Color is so subjective and even seeing the same car in different light can affect how much you like that particular color.

It was 3:30 pm on a sunny afternoon and I would rank them (according to MY preferences):
    1. Seaside
    2. Silver Pine
    3. Driftwood

DH ranks them:
    1. Driftwood
    2. Seaside
    3. Silver Pine (and he is VERY UNLIKELY to ever agree to this color)

Anyway, if you are in the market for an '06 Prius and live remotely close to Poway, you can see these three colors for yourself. Not sure how long, of course... ;)