1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Phone numbers with extensions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jrfaris, Apr 11, 2005.

1. jrfaris

jrfaris Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Has anyone found a way to enter a phone number and a related extension into the Prius phone book or just dial an extension after initiating a call? My wife's pager and voice mail system requires that an additional 5 digit number be entered after the initial number is answered. I haven't been able to find a way to store and use the extensions of her important co-workers so she can call them from CarMyne. I have also tried to manually dial the extension by hitting the 0-9 button that displays after the main number is connected. This displays a numeric key pad and I can punch in the extension but it doesn't seem to get transmitted to pager system. We have a Treo 650 which may be part of the problem since it does not handle phone extensions well either.

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    To do that you have to disable the speed sensor wire going to the MFD. If you look for "Bluetooth speed sensor defeat" under a search you can find info.

This requires some modification and it may be more than you're willing to undertake, but the simplest mod requires just the cutting of a single wire behind the vent next to the MFD and splicing an on-off switch to that.

3. jrfaris

jrfaris Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Thanks for the reply. Actually dialing while moving is not as important as being able to store and use an individual's extension. After trying several more times, I was able to manually enter an extension while the call was in progress by using the 0-9 button. However, there doesn't seem to be a way to store usable extra digits for an extension with the phone number or to access a memory location for the extension during a call. Just hoping someone may have discovered a usable work around for long phone numbers.

4. jrfaris

jrfaris Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I found this information in the Nav manual that seems to show how phone extensions can be used. It refers to a continuous tone signal (I'm not sure what that is) and the marked sign:

"The continuous tone signal is the marked sign
    (p or w) and the number following telephone
    number. (ex. 056133p0123w#1)"

However, if I put a p or w into a phone number, it won't transfer to the phonebook. Has anyone tried to use phone extensions in the Prius?

5. jrfaris

jrfaris Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I still haven't found a solution for long phone numbers. So, I'm bumping this up to see if anyone else has.....