1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Phone problem

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by roger, Oct 26, 2004.

1. roger

roger New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Up until yesterday, I have had no problems with using the phone via the bluetooth. However, now when I go to make a call, it dials and connects, but the sound doesnt come out of the speaker. It mutes the radio ok, just no sound.. Do I have a problem that needs fixing, or is there a setting that I have overlooked and inadvertently changed?

thanks

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Have you checked that the speaker volume, for the phone, is turned up??

3. roger

roger New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    yes.. right up high.. always has been

4. jmdor

jmdor New Member

What kind of phone do you have? I have a sony Ericsson T608, and this has happened to me. When it happens, I have to go to the phone, and select "transfer to handsfree." From what I can tell, it's a bug in the Sony phone, rather than in the Prius. I'm hoping the Treo 650 won't have this problem.

5. roger

roger New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    siemens S55 - mine is a fault with the Prius, so I'll take it back this week - it's over due for the 1000km checkup anyhow

6. roger

roger New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, my Prius has been at the toyota service place for 24 hours now, and they still don't know why the phone doesn't come through the speakers anymore. They said no one in toyota has come across this problem before. So the latest is they are going to replace the screen.

7. stevenj1224

stevenj1224 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Roger, did you resolve this problem? The same problem just happened to me on my 2010 Prius with Nav. My Samsung Instinct has worked fine for over a year, and now no sound comes through the Nav. If you found the solution I'd like to know before I check with the dealer. Thanks.