1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Phone volume

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by robbinsvca, Jan 6, 2006.

1. robbinsvca

robbinsvca New Member

I have a 2006 package 8 Prius. Thanks to y'all I have my Verizon Treo working, but when I recieve incoming calls, callers tell me that they can't hear me very well. I hear them perfectly. Callers can hear my husband fine. And yes, I know about the issues with duplexing. Is there any way to increase the volume on the mic (I see how to increase the speaker volume)? Hope y'all can help!

2. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

I don't know about the 2006 yet, but the 2004-2205 has a diagnostic screen easter egg that you can adjust both volumes. The bluetooth control is not documented in the repair manual though.

Two ways to get to diagnostic screen:
    While pressing and holding â€INFO†switch, operate light
    control switch, OFF " TAIL " OFF " TAIL " OFF "
    TAIL " OFF.

Switch to the â€Display Check†screen [press the DISPLAY button].
    From the display adjustment screen, touch the corners of
    the screen in the following order: upper left " lower left
    "upper left " lower left " upper left " lower left.

3. robbinsvca

robbinsvca New Member

4. robbinsvca

robbinsvca New Member

Code:
    Dan  - Excellent the operate tail light worked.  One question - what's the graceful exit from the diag screen?  I ended up powering off.

5. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    IIRC when you get to that screen press MENU. Then touch the upper left lower left
    upper left lower left upper left lower left and then lower right to get another screen.

6. Raichu2006

Raichu2006 Raichu 2006

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That was super helpful - I have a 2006 model and folowing your instructions I was able to get to the BT check screen and to change the voice send level - I have not tried the phone yet but the voice recognition seems to work much better... I have another question: in the same adjusting screen there is a voice quality feature that can be set up to level 33 - I left it in 00 as it was originally - Anybody has an idea what this feature is about? (It says "check service manual") :unsure: