1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pick up check list

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Renocat, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi All.
    I am picking up my Driftwood Pearl #7 tomorrow morning [​IMG]
    What should I expect at delivery? Should the salesman go over key features? (he did during the sale).
    Is there of check list of things I should look for at delivery?

Thanks
    Kim

2. troe

troe New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Renocat @ Jul 18 2006, 10:56 AM) [snapback]288172[/snapback]</div>
    I would have them put your tire pressure at 42 PSI front and 40 PSI rear, and hopefully they will give you a full tank. Think about the extended warrenty before you go, because they will try to include it when you talk to the finance officer. I actually bought it with mine, as it included bumper to bumper for 60 months, tire and wheel hazard warrenty, and all scheduled service for 60 months, but the one you can get here is also a pretty good one.

Finally, just enjoy finally getting the car, you are going to love it :D

3. tacomel

tacomel New Member

Congratulations on your new car. The first and most important advice is to enjoy your car!

I posted a really long but comprehensive message over at POL (link) that has lots of detail about when we picked up two Prii within 4 days -- hard to believe it's been a month already.

Here are 5 pieces of advice for the sale:

1. Grab the "official" Prius pick-up checklist: link, and some clarifications on it: link. Review this but don't dwell on it exclusively. Read my post on POL and the aforementioned thread here for my take on how to use it.

2. Don't pay more than $990 for the extended warranty (7 year, 100k). Read this link if you don't know precisely why I provide this advice.

3. From my reading, a majority recommend to decline prepaid maintenance. I certainly do.

4. From my reading, almost everyone recommends declining the "paint protection" package, a/k/a rust proofing. They'll try to sell this to you for roughly $900.

5. Make sure all numbers on the paperwork are accurate, and that your deposit is reflected if applicable.

And a bonus tip: it's good to let the salesman go over the key features with you, and to give you pointers on a test drive, but only if the salesman knows what he's doing.

4. Nda3rdCar

Nda3rdCar Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Renocat @ Jul 18 2006, 08:56 AM) [snapback]288172[/snapback]</div>
    <_< Other people have suggested pick-up lists and other recomendations.... it's all good. From our expercience, plan to take t-i-m-e. It's always the salesman that says "we'll have you out of here in 15 minutes, (well, that and another 90). In our case, we picked up a car exactly as we ordered it. We looked into the #3 package and also knew the dealership always includes certain items (cargo net, first aid kit, matts, rear matt, trunk cover) We knew the price of these add-ons. The only thing sprung on us was Lojack. It is placed in each car on their lot.... if you buy it, it stays activated, if you don't the account for that lojack device is canceled. We had Lojack put on our other vehicles and were considering it. Since it was already in, ready to go, no appointment or delays..... we decided to purchase it. Cost upwards of 6 or 7 hundred. Can't remember the exact amount right now. We declined a number of other things offered, but that's just us. My main thing ---- BRING A CALCULATOR, A COUPLE OF PENS, A NOTE PAD. Whip out the calculator everytime numbers are discussed.... write down stuff.... show them you are more organized than they are. In our case, we had a very nice salesman and we didn't mind spending nearly 2 hours in the whole process. We ended up having a good Toyota purchasing experience... I hope you have one too.

B)

5. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Taco Mel @ Jul 18 2006, 03:28 PM) [snapback]288385[/snapback]</div>
    I echo the congratulations. :)

One more thing to add about the extended warrany. You DON'T have to get it when you buy the car. You have until the regular 3/36K warranty is just about up.

6. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks everyone. Here's hoping everything goes smoothly tomorrow morning.