1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pick up tomorrow Aug 27th, Attleboro MA

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by prius04, Aug 26, 2004.

1. prius04

prius04 New Member

Ordered on April 23rd.

Package #9 any color but white.

2 Weeks ago they told me that a #9 Driftwood Pearl would be coming in soon and wondered if I wanted it. I said yes.

Monday they called that it was in with 1 mile on it. But we were off in Maine on vacation so not till today did we get back. Interestingly, the Toyota Dealer changed ownership last week and all the old managers were gone. But my sales agent was still there. The place was total confusion and construction was going on. It took 3 hours for them to find my information and fill out all the forms. While I was waiting, my salesman gave me the FOB and told me to go for a drive and play with the Nav system. So now it has 8 miles on it.

No price increase. They will be registering it in the morning. If things go OK, I'll be picking it up around 3PM tomorrow, (Friday).

I've got the manuals with me tonight and I've spent hours reading the books. I didn't know the Nav system computer has a calendar in it and a maintainance book? You can enter the date and time of all oil changes and other service including short memos. You can even enter a suggested date for the next oil change.

You can even enter people's birthdays in the calendar and then the computer will send you a memo when the date for it comes!!!

The book says that there will be a map update for the Nav about every year and that the dealer can put the updates in- for a fee.

So I'll take a picture when I pick it up and then I'll be putting the Prius decals and priuschat.com decals on it too.

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    :multi: :clap: :multi: :clap: :multi: :clap:
    CONGRATULATIONS, '04!
    When I was told that my car was on a truck being delivered to the dealer, I didn't sleep for two nights. Seriously. It's a great feeling.

:guns: 1 mile?!! That's crap! Mine came in with three times that many. I tried to get them to lower the price for wear and tear or at least top off the tank. :)

There is nothing like driving it home for the first time. Hey, look at me, I'm in my Prius. Enjoy.

[edit] Oh yeah, and I gave you some points because you looked a little thin.
    [/edit]

3. pshady

pshady New Member

Congrats!!! Please post pics! I'm flying up to pick mine up tomorrow, and it seems like an eternity away! I bet I won't get much sleep tonight!

:oops:

4. swepri

swepri New Member

Congrats!

I picked up mine today too and drove around a bit (65 miles ~48 mpg) :D . Then the rain started to bucket down again and it bacame dark. That is not a good time to drive a brand new car here during the deer hunting season, with deer running across the roads everywhere.

Some first day impressions:

At least I can confirm that bluetooth with Sony Ericsson Z600 works. I had only driven about 100 meters from the dealer when my father called and I started panicking before I found the answer button on the steering wheel. I have to say that the sound was not that impressing though. It takes about 5 seconds for the Prius to connect to the phone when I power up the car.

The nav lady was very persistant when I ignored her advice, she tried to persuade me to turn around for a couple of miles before she gave up and made a complete reroute.

I also checked the speedometer deviation with a handheld GPS. It was quite linear through all speeds, it shows about 5km/h (3,1 mph) too much.

I filled her up at once after delivery and found that the pump auto shutoff happens very late with the Prius, fill pipe almost completely filled. I could hardly top off at all.

Thats it for now, have to study the nav manual a bit more.

/Paj

5. starla30

starla30 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yay, for the word of mouth power of the Prius! Prius04 is my dad. I picked up my Prius in February (with him) and he helped me with all the details (and extra costs :oops: ) of buying my first new car. As a reward for that and for giving me rides to the airport, I let him drive my car while I was away. And I even went so far as to switch cars with him for a while, driving his "antique" gas engine 2003 Subaru while he enjoyed driving my Prius around. It was actually a couple days into this first time borrowing my car that he contacted me to let me know that he had just signed up on a waiting list for his own. Now he gets to pick up his new Prius tomorrow. We'll certainly have an impressive driveway next time I visit home. ;)

ps. my housemate is signing up to be on a waiting list soon