1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pick UP Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ttayloriii, Jul 13, 2006.

1. ttayloriii

ttayloriii Junior Member

I posted this on the "newbie" site and got to thinking, "newbies" don't know any more about this than I do, so here it is again.....

I just bought a 2006 Prius on line! It is white w/HG package (4). I had been shopping for a while and this one came on a lot about 100 miles away. Are there any precautions or recommendations for the drive home over the highway?

2. SAPrius

SAPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    As others have stated on this subject,

"Just drive it. Remember the computers control the Engine not you. The RPM will continuously vary during the trip. Do not accelerate aggressively, or break aggressively unless necessary for safety."

A quick look at "break in period" under the search function could help you here.

Enjoy your new Prius. You're going to love it. Don't forget to read the manual!

3. ttayloriii

ttayloriii Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ttaylor @ Jul 13 2006, 03:34 PM) [snapback]285796[/snapback]</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ttaylor @ Jul 13 2006, 03:34 PM) [snapback]285796[/snapback]</div>

Thanks, I have looked and found all sorts of posts for how to get better mileage, etc. but could not find any on "brand new" highway driving. Maybe my searches were flawed. I know not expect super mileage for a while