1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Picked it up Today!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Catskillguy, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

Well, I finally picked up my new Seaside Pearl Prius, no package. I was suprisingly calm about the whole deal.

The salesman who got my deal (the original left the dealer) picked me up at the train station. He brought me out to the car and started going over the features. He was very well versed, going from one to another without hesitation. I had my trusty, well thumbed, Prius Pickup Checklist in hand! Everything was there, from the valet cards to the glove compartment shelf and the recent under front bumper damper (correct term??).

He tried out all the items and displays to make sure they worked. Then he drove with me over to their service installation (across the road), gave me a tour, introduced me to the Serive Manager.

Then we went back to the showroom. Then it was time for the Finance Manager. He brought out the Platinum Warranty. I was all ready to say NO. When I asked what was the best he could do, he came across with $950 + tax (They knew I was online alot reading up from previous conversations.. so I think they 'knew')

They were all very professional and treated me like a real customer, not as a cash cow, already in their pocket. It as Geis Toyota in Peekskill, salesman was Carlos.

I only got to drive it 15 miles or so, when I got an emergency call from one of my branches. I have been here all day & the Pri is sitting out there on the street!!!

I must confess.... even though I knew about it./.. the first time the car went 'silent' at a traffic light, my heart went into my throat.. "WHAT IS WRONG?? DID THE CAR JUST DIE???" Well, for as long as it took that thought to go through me, I then remembered.. this is what it is supposed to be at the lights when it is warmed up!! DUHHH :rolleyes:

It can be dangerous getting facinated by the MFD. I was practicing feathering/pulse & glide on my trip.. It was a very hilly area, so it wasn't very conducive to that. It was very cool (can I say that at 49?) to see the MFD reading 99.9 on downhills & when doing the battery thing. This is like driving a video game!!!

I followup as soon as I drive it more... BUT I think I'll drive my 'old car' in the snow on Sunday!! I only have the Intergrity OEMs on the car.

2. sunnysandiegan

sunnysandiegan New Member

CONGRATS!!!! I picked up my Seaside #3 last night, so I can fully understand your new love and fascination and all the other new Prius owner stuff!!!

In fact, I just talked my husband into going out to dinner tonight even though we have everything for dinner and a well-loved menu right here at home. Of course, I confessed WHY I wanted to go out. Tee hee! :D

Enjoy your new ride!!!!! :)
    Karin

3. San_Carlos_Jeff

San_Carlos_Jeff Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    Every time I see your screen name my first take is Cats Kill Guy, then I do the Beavis & Butthead laugh in my head :lol:

Congratulations on the new car.

4. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congratulations on getting your car!! :D

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Sounds like you had a great experience. What a fantastic way to start what I hope becomes a long-term relationship with the greatest car on the road today!

Congrats!

6. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    w00t! Enjoy! I wanna see 55 MPG in the Catskills...

7. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

Yes, a few years ago, there was an animal rights group which tried to get the variations of the Dutch root (it's either river/steam for the 'kil' part), from Catskill, Fishkill to Catlive, Fishlive.... I couldn't believe it when this was brought up. It died when people basiaclly laughed at their efforts.

8. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

Drove home last night on the NYS Thruway. I think I will use Cruise Control as much asI can on the interstate as the Prius in CC did a better job than me bringing it the right gear then easing off the gas... many times on flat stretches, it was doing anywhere from 50-80 mpg. & going upionclines, it seemed very in tune with the engine operating very efficiently.

One thing that stressed me a bit, was I drive through a few snow showers, & the SALT TRUCKS were out!! I just kept thinking about the car with no real protection on the front end!! & today, anywhere from 2-8 inches forecast (the NYC Metro area will get more that up the valley from this coastal storm).

I put in the WaetherTech cargo mat. This this is a great fit. You have to actually push it tight around the dges and it almost makes a seal. The driver side mat to me should be a little longer. What impressed me about both was that after being stored in the shed for 2 weeks, that last one all freezing (last night about 11).. they were very pliable. The cargo rubber mat is shipped rolled up, and I was able to fit in the car right aout of the box, it conformed right to the car.

I need to wait for better weather to do the Chassis plate (though I was pleasantly suprised by the handling on my initial drive). Ditto for the Engine block heater. I may try the EV/Coastal mode since it's reported to be a fairly quick install....

9. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

Unfortunately, it has sat around all day Saturday & Sunday..... Saturday was garbage to the dump, and in the interest of efficiency, I combine trips to pharmacy & market etc.. Today, snow... not anything like in the NYC area and the I95 corridor (only 2.5 inches), but I didn't want to drive in snow with OEM tires.

Going to MeglaMart tomorrow & order Michelin X-Ice or Dunlop Graspic -2... I like what is said about Blizzaks and Goodyear Ultra Ice, but they wear to fast for my mileage eneeds

10. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Catskillguy

What's the final snowfall count look like?

I'm off to the Catskills on Thursday for some fun in the snow with my boys; is there enough for snowmobiles around Downsville and some snow boarding at Bellaire?

Where are you located? I couldn't imagine driving my Prius in all that slop!