1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Picked my Seaside #9 up today!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Stuffer, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Stuffer

Stuffer New Member

I got really lucky and got my 2nd choice of color after only 6 weeks wait. I'm really psyched up that I finally own this wonderful little car, and thought I'd post a few initial ownership impressions:

1. The Prius styling looks better to me every time I look at it. (maybe I'm just more biased now.. ) And Seaside Pearl looks better in person than in pictures..

2. This car is seriously quiet inside, and ride is very smooth. Both my wife and I concluded it was like riding in a glider. The car's fit and finish is also outstanding, as expected with Toyota.

3. I'm a little disappointed by the sound quality of the stereo. Not bad, but I had higher expectations of a 9-speaker premium JBL system.

4. I love the gadgets and the novelty. The Navigation (even though I initially wouldn't have payed for it given the choice), is getting me hooked. I found myself "glued" to the screen driving home, switching back and forth between the Energy/gas mileage screen and the Nav. screen like I surf TV channels at home! I'm sure some of the novelty will wear off, but wow...

Glad I recently discovered this awesome board. I Looking forward to learning and discussing more now that I've got my hands on a Prius.

2. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

glad your enjoying your "glider" it'll only get better with time. welcome to the cult.

3. drbob

drbob New Member

Congratulations! Get used to the attention you're going to be getting. Seriously, it's hard to look humble when someone is driving alongside you ogling your Prius.

4. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Keep at least one eye on the road. I almost lost it on a curve on US 12 on the pass southwest of Helena driving home. I will be a much better driver after the novelty wears off. :oops: Congratulations no the new car. It is a great piece of work.

5. CHART

CHART Member

Be careful......The addiction is pretty potent as I've had mine since December 03 and the novelty hasn't worn off yet!! On long drives, I sometimes find myself trying different voice commands to see what the prius' response is.

6. eak354

eak354 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    congrats! and may the mileage be with you! :wink: