1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Picked up car today...

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by tjc712, Jan 18, 2008.

1. tjc712

tjc712 TC

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Bought a certified pre-owned '07 (Basic/Pkg #4 with only 3K mi) and picked up today in a heavy snowfall. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with its performance on wet, snowy roads. There was some, albeit minimal, sliding (did feel the Trac Contrl at work) but I felt quite comfortable behind the wheel. Having been reading posts here the past few days, I was a bit aprehensive about the performance in wintery conditions since I live in NY. Although I admit that this was almost a curiosity purchase, I have a real good feeling about this car. Really looking forward to driving it!

2. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats on getting your new Prius. It not bad in the snow as long as the tires are fairly new. By the way I hear it's good luck when you drive your new car through bad weather when you first get it.:eek:

3. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well done tjc712, even if you bought it out of curiosity you just know it's going to get its hooks into you.

I believe it means good luck when you drive your new car home in bad weather...

... and it doesn't get scratched

4. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats on your new toy and welcome to PC.

5. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My congratulation as well on your new ride. We also had about 4 inches in our area, but most of it had melted quickly. The traction control is definitely very helpful on slippery roads. :D

6. moregas

moregas New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I also tried my new car in the snow before I purchased it. There is an uphill road to get to my house and I wanted to see how the Prius did, it did very well.
    [​IMG]

7. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    You left out the most important thing -- what color?

Then we can decide who you are allowed to talk to.

8. Guy in WNY

Guy in WNY Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Good show! I bought an '07 with 6k miles on it. Going good so far.
    The only thing you can't do is spin the tires in the snow. The car will not let the tires spin. So DON"T go darting out in to traffic on a snowy road, as I've had the tires "spin" which just makes the motor back right off. Make sure there is enough room for you to get out of that parking lot and on the raod and moving.
    You'll see what I mean if you go to a parking lot and try to spin the tires. The car will sort of "motorboat", as if going through waves. Sort of like power on - power off - power on - power off - well, you get the idea..
    So what I do when it won't pull out on to the road because of the snow is just rock the car with the gas pedal gently, and it pulls right out.
    Where in NY are you? I'm in Western New York. Snow is falling right now...
    Guy in WNY

9. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You did it. Now, there is no going back. :D

10. tjc712

tjc712 TC

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The car is silver (though I had no choice as far as color... only '07 there, I actually like it!). I live in the Hudson Valley area. Snow has pretty much melted already today. I've had a chance to drive alot today; am really liking it. I'm middle aged & I've had MB, Lexus, Infiniti, Nissan & Toyota. I do get the sense that there is something really cool about this little Prius! I'll be driving quite a bit over the weekend. I have a son graduating this year at Amherst College (MA) and a daughter starting up in Boston next year. I can't wait to take some drives up that way utilizing the hybrid technology.

11. Shieldsy

Shieldsy Prius Fruitcake

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome aboard to the new owners club of the most sensational "BIG" little car that you'll have ever owned. I am obsessed with my 2007 Silver and I am sure within not too much time you will do some "Prius" every day.

Don't believe anyone who says the mileage is no good. It is great as is the Bluetooth, Keyless entry SatNav......

Check out the photo below taken on transition through the 1000km mark on a single tank.

Attached Files: