1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

PICKED UP MINE ON SAT AUG. 28TH

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by pshady, Aug 30, 2004.

1. pshady

pshady New Member

I was going to wait until I got home to write this, but I'm too excited (I'll wait to post the picture).

August 28, took my flight from LAX to SMF (Sacramento), landing at 10:10am. Asif from Toyota Town of Stockton picked me up, and we were on our way! Asif is the best salesperson I've ever dealt with, and just a plain nice guy. We chatted for the hour drive to the dealership.

The experience was totally painless, and Asif took the time to familiarize me with the functions of the car. You can tell he really cares about the customer.

CALL HIM IF YOU WANT A PRIUS! There, enough said.

My drive back was pleasant, and I took advantage of the Nav to track my progress. It was difficult to keep my speed down along the 5 freeway (proper break-in!), so I had to rely on cruise control.

This car feels a lot more powerful, and rides much more quietly than I expected (even after having test driven it). The seats are very comfortable, and the ride back was probably the most pleasant one I've ever experienced.

No problems on the Grapevine, going uphill. Passed a classic Prius on the way.

Got home around 7:30, and showed the car to my wife, and my in-laws (they were impressed).

Traveled about 400 miles before I decided to refuel (2 bars left). Filled 9.467 gallons. That's about 42.2 MPG, which isn't bad for a speedracer like me. I'm learning to drive all over again to maximize on fuel economy on my second tank. So far, I'm getting 52MPG.

What can I say.... I LOVE THIS CAR. I showed it to my friends and they were amazed. :D

Thanks to all of you on the board who convinced me to "go Prius" and for all of the tips, tricks, and info shared.

I looked for an excuse to go out to lunch today so I could drive. :oops:

I'll post a picture of me and Asif, and my car, when I get home.

GO PRIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

2. pshady

pshady New Member

Here's the picture I promised........ I'm on the left, and Asif of Toyota Town is on the right..... BEST salesperson I've ever had the pleasure of working with.

And of course, behind it is my shiny silver BC Prius!

:D

3. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Congrats, pshady!