1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Picked up my Driftwood Pearl 3/15 - only 6-week wait.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by stuhillman2004, Mar 15, 2004.

1. stuhillman2004

stuhillman2004 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    :) I ordered my Driftwood Pearl package #9 at the end of January. Because of the long wait projected for the car I bought a 2002 Prius a month ago to tide me over. Well, the inevitable happened my salesman called me today (3/15) to say my car was here!
    Picked it up this evening. Two (2) miles on the clock and the color looks great. It's the first Driftwood Pearl I've seen in this region.

Very good experience with Bob Finch of Toyota of Stafford, VA.
    540-720-4700. (Rosner auto group - www.rosnerauto.com). MSRP with no big sales pitch. I bought the extended warranty for a very good price and the insurance policy that pays off the car if I kick the bucket. They didn't try the add-ons and I felt no pressure to buy anything I didn't want. I would recommend them to anyone.

Now, anyone want a greenClassic 2002 with 16.5K on the clock? It's in perfect condition with all warranties intact. It's a Totota certified car. Not a mark on it except for a few inconspicuous paint chips on the hood. I'm asking $18.5K or best offer. Forty miles south of Washington DC on the I95 commute from Hell. Call me on 540-657-6741 or send an e-mail to [email protected]. :D

2. rflagg

rflagg Member

Congrats! The first Prius I test drove was a driftwood, and after test driving, I thought the color was just as great as the others. I ended up with black, but I must say that I haven't yet seen a color of this car that I don't like! (Of all though, the white is probably my least favorite)

-m.

3. GrokMakeFire

GrokMakeFire New Member

Great news on the 6-week delivery! Gives me some hope of getting mine before the end of baseball season.

What were the details of the extended warranty, and how much did it cost?

4. cmassi01

cmassi01 New Member

Stuhlman,

I believe that you are driving my car. I'll be by in to come get it soon. They made a mistake.

I saw your post and thought, oh good for this guy, he got his car, then when I saw where u were from... I am in Washington, DC, ordered my driftwood pearl #9 on Jan 4. told then it would be 6-12 weeks. I ordered it from Alexandria Toyota.

last week, was told it was gonna be another 12 weeks. So I got lucky and found a VERY lightly used 04 prius, silver #9, in PA where I used to live. So i bought that. no tax break tho.

So, I guess we can arrange a trade? I'll give you the silver one, and I can get my driftwood one.

Don't put any miles on it, because I'm coming for it!

Seriously, congrats on the car, you played the game well.

Getting a prius is like playing survivor. Outwit, Outlast, Outplay.

5. stuhillman2004

stuhillman2004 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The extended warranty was $1125 for the no-deductible option. The sales guy groaned but I thought it was close enough to the $995 package we have seen advertised on this board to make it worth buying from my local dealer - he is 4 miles from my house! It was "originally" $1900 but on sale at his dealership for $1400. I told him about the $995 option (which I'm sure he new about) but I couldn't remember if that was the no-deductible option so I took a chance and bought the deal for $1125. Stafford Toyota was a good experience - as I said, no pressure.
    See you on the road.