1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Picked up my new Prius this PM. Happier than a "pig in poop".

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bruceb, Jun 27, 2006.

1. bruceb

bruceb New Member

I took delivery on my 2006 Prius, Barcelona red/ gray interior, option pkg #4 this afternoon. After driving Toyota pickups for the past 25 years, I was somewhat apprehensive and second guessing myself while driving to the dealership. When I arrived I was taken back to a room where the car was "on display" and waiting to be driven off. I really have to say, I was totally impressed ! The vehicle was shining (even Armorall on the tires!) and I knew I had made the right choice. After a training session with the salesperson (Nate) he wished me happy driving and off I went. I caught myself smiling as I cruised on the West Beltline (in Madison, WI) and headed back to New Glarus. So far, so good... I'm very happy with my decision to buy a Prius. For those of you still waiting, you are in for a happy day when you pick it up! :D :) :p :lol:

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bruceb @ Jun 27 2006, 08:05 PM) [snapback]277839[/snapback]</div>
    Good for you!! I think the analogy is "happier than an pig in mud".

3. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hey, yet another Cheezehead here in Wisconsin!!

Congrats.

I understand how you feel. I got my Barcelona Red beauty on January 2, 2006. I still feel the same today as I did that first day I drove her home.

By the way, you are the 2nd new owner in two days here in Wisconsin who posted their new "status" here on PriusChat.

I hope you are able to go to the Madison Hybridfest July 22, 2006. See more here at this link:

Madison Hybridfest 2006

Otherwise, if you are ever in the Milwaukee area come join us at the Milwaukee Hybrid Group.

Cheers

4. iluvmacs

iluvmacs Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hooray for another red/gray Prius near Madison! :D

5. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hdrygas @ Jun 27 2006, 10:09 PM) [snapback]277845[/snapback]</div>
    Ever see a good pig wallow? It's pretty much an indistinguishable combination of mud & poop, so you can take your choice on that expression. In any case, comparing a prius to a pig wallow is like making a silk purse out of a sow's ear...so to speak.

(Also testing to see if my summertime Avatar is working - had to go off of a URL, not direct upload)

6. rfred

rfred New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nerfer @ Jun 28 2006, 12:10 AM) [snapback]277902[/snapback]</div>
    Yep, it's beautiful - the avatar, not the pig wallow ;)

7. tacomel

tacomel New Member

Wow, another near-Madisonian. Congratulations and enjoy!

8. onerpm

onerpm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Congrats!

Last time I was driving through WI, I saw an apple orchard on the side of the road. A farmer was holding a pig in his arms, up above his head, so the pig could eat an apple off of the tree.

I slowed down, and watched as the farmer lowered the pig, took a step, then lifted the pig back up so it could eat another apple.

I pulled over, and yelled to the farmer: "Hey, Mister, wouldn't it save a lot of time if you just picked the apples and put them on the ground for the pig?"

He looked at me like I was crazy and said, "Son, what's time to a pig?"

Wisconsinites!

rpm

9. unruhly

unruhly New Member

Good thing you got the grey interior (my favorite). It'l be a lot easier to clean up after your pig takes a ride. Make sure you have plenty of air fresheners though 'cause getting the smell out... That's a whole 'nother thing entirely! I just don't understand why people would have pigs as pets. :lol:

Congrats!!!

10. Three60guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(onerpm @ Jun 28 2006, 09:39 AM) [snapback]278028[/snapback]</div>
    Grrrrrr

Hey onerpm, you didn't enter your location into your profile. Now we can't make fun where you live too.

Party pooper.

;)

11. JoannSolberg

JoannSolberg New Member

Congrats, fellow Wisconsinite!! I just picked up mine yesterday too (I'm guessing you got yours through Smart Motors too, based on the description!). Isn't it great?! They said they had just gotten 3 truckloads of cars in, a bunch of which were Prius...so there should be a few more new Prius owners around the Madison/Dane Co. area today.

12. Three60guy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Jojo

Yup it was you and bruceb who I noticed both got their Prius on the same day or close to it. Maybe we will hear from the others in Mad town who bought a Prius too. Sounds like your Madison dealer had quite a few cars that had just arrived.

Both of you.....enjoy your new car.

13. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congratulations! I'm enjoying the visual "pig in poop", very entertaining and a bit messy. Hope you wipe your feet real well before you get into the car, and have some fun driving it!

14. onerpm

onerpm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Three60guy @ Jun 28 2006, 10:12 AM) [snapback]278046[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry, I never bother with profiles & avatars & such. I live in the twin cities, MN, but grew up in Cleveland, OH, which is much easier to make fun of.

So, a pig runs into a Western Union office (in Wisconsin), grabs a form off the table with his mouth, grabs a pen off the counter and fills out the form. Takes form over to the lady at the counter.

Lady looks at the form and reads: "Oink. Oink. Oink. Oink. Oink. Oink. Oink. Oink."

She looks at the pig and says, "You know, a telegram costs $9.00 for the first ten words. You could add two more 'Oinks' to this."

The pig looks at the lady and says, "Well, sure I could, but then it wouldn't make any SENSE, would it?"

15. SAPrius

SAPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The pig looks at the lady and says, "Well, sure I could, but then it wouldn't make any SENSE, would it?"

Porqué ?

Pig pun, get it?

By the way, how can you tell when a pig is driving?

Tires will also squeal...

16. bruceb

bruceb New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JoJo @ Jun 28 2006, 10:18 AM) [snapback]278047[/snapback]</div>
    ;) Actually it was Jon Lancaster. I test drove at Smart, but JL had one coming in (cancelled order) that was just what I wanted. Thanks for the note and maybe we'll run into each other, no, bad choice of words...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Taco Mel @ Jun 28 2006, 08:53 AM) [snapback]278014[/snapback]</div>
    :p GO BUCKY!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hdrygas @ Jun 27 2006, 10:09 PM) [snapback]277845[/snapback]</div>
    Perhaps in Puget Sound it is...... ;)

17. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JoJo @ Jun 28 2006, 10:18 AM) [snapback]278047[/snapback]</div>
    Jojo, Bruce and others,
    Hopefully your friendly salesperson told you about theMadison Hybrid Group as well. If you drop me a PM with your email address I'll make sure you stay up to date regarding our get togethers! (Usually about once a quarter.)
    Will any of you be coming to Hybridfest? If so, be sure to register before July 12th to get access to all the special activities.

18. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

Congrats!

In upstate N.Y. when I was a kid living in a rural area, the phrase was "happier than a pig in SLOPS". Anyone else (including pig jokes), since we have such a good start?

(Sorry, bruceb---not trying to hijack your thread! :rolleyes: If the pig thing gets big, I'll divert it to its own thread. But I don't think it will.)

19. bruceb

bruceb New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ghostofjk @ Jul 1 2006, 11:58 PM) [snapback]279968[/snapback]</div>
    Not a problem at all. I wish someone would hijack it! :)

20. jimjohnson

jimjohnson Junior Member

What does a pig use for sun screen?

Oinkment.