1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Picked up my new Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by corysold, Feb 28, 2007.

1. corysold

corysold New Member

Drove it home last night, Package #2, Magnetic Gray, 49.3 MPG on my 38 mile trip home. I love it already!

2. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Welcome... corysold

...to a superior source of accurate, helpful information regarding your new Prius.

I'm curious... Do you see many Prius around Chicago and on the Tri-State?

3. corysold

corysold New Member

I am out in the Western Suburbs, so I don't get downtown a whole lot. Since I started considering getting one, I feel as though I have seen more, but I think that is the case with anything. The more you think of it, the more you see. I probably see 4 or 5 a day on the local roads though, maybe more depending on how much I am out.

4. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Congratulations!

And another member of the Magnetic Grey club! Yaaay!

5. kdk84

kdk84 New Member

congrats!

I got my magnetic gray pkg 6 last weekend too and I love it. Getting 52 mpg around where i live and couldn't be happier... now I'm already looking at getting CAN V4 and coastal EV mod

6. dnoh

dnoh New Member

I love mine too. It's been little more than 1 week for me and I already put 750 miles. So far I am getting 48 MPG and I really want to break 50. I think I am only getting 48 because I put 80% on highway and I usually drive around 70 to 75 mph. I need to slow down alittle, maybe that will help me on MPG. Anyway, my old car had 24MPG, so I am extremely happy.

7. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dnoh @ Apr 30 2007, 12:56 PM) [snapback]432633[/snapback]</div>
    That will definitely help the mileage. That's a lot of driving! It took me a month to put that many miles on.

And remember to make sure the tires are inflated at least to 35/33, but you can go up to the recommended max tire PSI of 44, but it changes the characteristics of the ride a little (less bump absorption, easier turning, less wear & tear on the tires, and of course better mpg).

The best mileage comes after 5 minutes of driving, and at speeds under 45 mph.