1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Picked up our 2006 Seaside Pearl #8 today..

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sheri, Jan 6, 2006.

1. sheri

sheri New Member

We bought from Steven's Creek Toyota, in San Jose. Package #8 with bisque leather seats. We got the first Seaside Pearl that came in at that dealership.

We paid $300 under MSRP.

2. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Excellent! Not many can say they paid under MSRP.
    Seaside Pearl with bisque leather seats. mmmmmmm :p

Congratulations !

3. ThunderJon

ThunderJon New Member

Congrats Sheri. I was gonna get a seaside #8 w/bique but they pu a double blue pinstripe on it... I then saw a silver w/gray #8 and snapped it up on 1/1.

4. XLR8

XLR8 New Member

Congrats sheri!

Wish I could have got that kind of deal. I paid MSRP.

Good job!

Aaron

5. keqmoore

keqmoore New Member

Way to go! Congrats. on the super deal.

6. Tripod137

Tripod137 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I get to pick up my Seaside Pearl #7 (cloth seats...leather won't be around for a few months in NY, they say) tomorrow morning. Did the paperwork tonight. Tried to sell me the extended warranty for $1295. Then I told them I would get it online. Then he said $1295 w/ no tax. :) Anyway, I plan on getting it from Troy, so it doesn't really matter.

They also, at "order" time, said they sell the Prius of $1K over MSRP. Tonight, before we did the insurance thing, I asked the salesman to knock off the $1K markup and give it to me for MSRP. He said it wasn't likely that I would get the whole thing off. I told him I had faith in him. He came back w/ $500 over MSRP (all along he was saying that others sold the car twice today for more money...and the other salesman had to be reminded that "my" car was already sold). I told him...for $500 over MSRP, he can keep the car and sell it to someone else since I could pick it up for MSRP from another dealer in a few weeks. Finally the Sales Manager came over and set it at MSRP + $0.

Why do they bother with all of that? Why don't they just bring the Sales Manager over in the first place and cut out all of the games? We would have been done sooner. It always ends up w/ the Sales Manager anyway! (at least when I buy cars)

Anyway....looks like we will need to take a ride to Grandma's house tomorrow to put some miles on the car and show it off. ;)

7. sheri

sheri New Member

This is the second time we went through our credit union for our car. Reasonable prices, good interest rates, and none of the bull.

8. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congratulations!!! :D

9. 1playwonder

1playwonder Junior Member

I picked up my #8 seaside pearl a few days ago from Merced Toyota in California. Congrats on yours!!!

10. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A