1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Picking it up on Monday...!!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by dnaboston, Jan 8, 2011.

1. dnaboston

dnaboston Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I have been a Honda man forever and truth be told if I was buying another van it would probably be an Odyssey but today made the decision to trade in the Odyssey on a 2010 Prius V - Blizzard Pearl with light gray interior and advanced technology package.

A couple of questions before I show up at the dealership on Monday because of course they just answered yes. My wife's car is a 2005 Prius Touring. It is by far, the coldest car I have every driven. Besides that, I notice that the MPG, regardless of what speed I drive is hitting around 36 on average.

With the 2010 having heated seats and this pipe that wraps around the catalytic converter etc to return heat to the engine - can I expect that this version will warm up faster and get better gas mileage? Is speed a major factor with the prius?

Anyways, I am excited to pick it up. Been driving my wife's and sat in the V today and it feels bigger.

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome. We have been having single digit temps up here all last month and it takes about 10 min. for mine to crank out the heat (in ECO mode) from a cold start. Once it does though the heat is sufficiently comfortable. Actually the Prius does a better job than out 97 Camry did. Although with the hatch back sometimes the rear windows will fog without the defrost on.

Perhaps you have the car overnight before you buy?