1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Picking it up this afternoon

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Charles Ingalls, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Charles Ingalls

Charles Ingalls New Member

I got the call Saturday morning that my Prius was just being rolled off the truck. When I called them back to schedule a time to pick up they said they needed time to charge the battery??? so Monday would be best.
    I can't wait, this has been a very long weekend... :eek:

2. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Ingalls @ Jul 24 2006, 04:19 AM) [snapback]291348[/snapback]</div>
    I was told they need 4-5 hours to detail the car...which seemed credible to me. And, on a Saturday, well, I guess they could be VERY busy, plus have more than one new car to prep...But yes, long weekend. But I bet you have now decided it was worth the wait! B)

3. Ichabod

Ichabod Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I got mine SO fast... Put in the order on a Saturday and got it on the second following Tuesday. I have a feeling the dealer pre-orders the package #8 model because they know suckers like me will buy it to save the wait. It was SO worth it though.

I sat in my car on the lot the day before they let me drive it away, and a lot of fuses or wires weren't connected because none of the gear worked... like CD/radio, navi, etc. so that might be an additional explanation for why they need a full day to get it ship-shape and Bristol-fashion.

4. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congratulations! Hope you're out driving around as I type this. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Ingalls @ Jul 24 2006, 04:19 AM) [snapback]291348[/snapback]</div>
    That makes NO SENSE. The battery charges itself during regular day-to-day driving and regenerative braking. I'm not aware of any dealer having to charge the battery before allowing someone to come in and pick up their Prius. Maybe they're detailing it for you??

5. marjam

marjam Member

Enjoy your wonderful new car. You'll get a charge out of it!

Sorry :rolleyes:

6. iluvmacs

iluvmacs Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Could be the 12V battery was dead from transit, but you'd think they could just swap it with another if that were the case...

7. curtissac

curtissac New Member

Mine was just of the truck when I picked it out. Still wrapped in that white plastic and covered with dust. Dealer probably sold 40 cars that day and still had mine 100% ready to go within 3 hours.

8. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm STILL maintaining the sales guy "misspoke himself." They all take SOME prep offa the truck, and Saturdays are probably VERY busy. So there.

9. Tatania

Tatania Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Did you get it yet?

10. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  11. A. B. Hair

A. B. Hair New Member

Rural area called Powdersville, 10 miles out of Gr
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ichabod @ Jul 24 2006, 05:17 PM) [snapback]291604[/snapback]</div>
    Ichabod, I am interested to see how you are doing with your new Prius. I have a new one comming in on Aug 6. Please give me your inpressions and original mileage. Thanks! A. B. Hair