1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Picking it up today!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jsarich, Sep 17, 2004.

1. jsarich

jsarich New Member

Well, folks, I'm picking up my silver #3 today, and I'm so excited it's insane. I had quite an easy and very lucky time of it really, since the person who ordered the car is currently away on international business for the next 4 months and therefore couldn't take it. I was only on the list for about 2-3 weeks, and have waited another 10 days for the car to arrive from port. Zaino is arriving on Monday, and I admit that I haven't had a car that I've been this excited to wash, wax and care for for ages. I'm trading in an old SUV that a friend sold me cheap when I moved back to the States 18 months ago, so it looks like I'll be going from 12 MPG and weekly fill-ups to the miracle that is this car!

One word of caution to some of you out there receiving yours on order, though. I contacted about 30 dealerships in an attempt to find one, and several who called back told me that they couldn't get me one on order for 6-12 (normal) months, but that they had one coming in for someone else, and if I wanted to test drive it before the actual owner showed up, we could work out some tricky timing. I was horrified by the thought, especially considering the careful break-in period and had images of someone test driving it and pushing it to the limits to see what it's capable of. It's not that I would deny anyone the thrill of test driving, especially potential buyers, but the thought of letting others test drive an ordered, paid-for car on the sly was worrisome. I verified with my dealer that this wouldn't happen, and was assured it wouldn't. But, heads up - the demand out there is creating some new scenarios.

2. Speedracer

Speedracer New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Conguratuation :mrgreen:
    Your love Zaino Bros product too?, So do I but I cant get in Japan...