1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Picking up my 2010 Prius V with Nav tomorrow ???

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by basspro, Jun 10, 2009.

1. basspro

basspro New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I will be picking up my 2010 Prius V with with Nav tomorrow, but I have a question: First I live in the Chicagoland area and will be driving over to Merrivillie IN to pick it up. It was the only dealer in the area that had the color and package that I wanted. (Thanks to exbauer for the lead)

I actually had a Package V with ATP on order with Jabber, but he told me this past Monday it could be another two months of more, and since my current car is past it's end of lease date I had to find a car fast. Anyways back to the question, does any know what the rules and tax implications are concerning buying a new car in Indiana, and being a Illinois residense?

Thanks for any help and support on this issue...will post pictures and updates once I get my new Prius.

2. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    First: CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm sure you'll love your Prius V. I can't believe how much I like this car. (The latest: Since my last road trip ended on Sunday afternoon, I've only been driving it on short trips to and from my office. For the past 91 miles, I've been getting 62.5 MPG.)

Second: On the question of how to handle IL/IN taxes, I don't know this with certainty, but I'm pretty sure you're obligated to pay taxes according to the county of your residence. Because Merrillville is so close to Chicago, I'm equally certain they are prepared to deal with your issue. I don't know whether they'll collect the sales tax from you or simply provide you with the paperwork so that you will submit it. I'd call ahead on this particular issue.

3. Karen P

Karen P New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    OK - I know it's not the same states you are talking about but I live in New York and bought my car in Vermont. The dealer charged 8% tax in accordance with the county of my residence. He collected the tax from me when I picked up the car and said he would send it to the appropriate place. They supplied me with a temporary plate and they will get my NY plates and mail them to me. Hope this helps a little.

4. Mybrid

Mybrid New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! :rockon::cheer2::thumb::dance::wave:

The general rule is it's where you live not where you buy.

Enjoy as Always!
    ;):cool::D