1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Picking up my Prii tomorrow!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by greentea39, Jun 25, 2007.

1. greentea39

greentea39 New Member

Hi all,

Finally, Prius that I ordered in May has arrived and am going to pick it up tomorrow.
    I would like to know if I should look out for something upon picking up the car. I think
    I have seen the posts about picking up the Prius here but I could not find it anymore.

Please give me your advice or if you know the link, let me know. Thanks so much!! ;)

-Carrie

2. priussoris

priussoris New Member

Check your oil level before leaving the dealership if overfilled have them remove some .

make sure they give a full tank of gas :) But dont let them "TOP Off" the tank. My dealer was going to try and get every drop from their tanks it seemed I had to tell him to stop after it clicked off, It's hard to tell them to stop giving you gas, but it is not good for the car.

have them give you valet cards, might have to ask them

thats all I can think off, Oh and if you have floor mats coming have them install them for you and the cargo mat.

Enjoy the drive home

3. orionll

orionll Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat, Carrie!

As priussoris said, don't let the dealer top off your tank, it could cause problems to the bladder in which the gas is stored.

Also don't forget to ask your dealer for the valet cards, it seems thet they are not always distributed with the 2007 Prius.

Most of all, enjoy your new car!

Orion

4. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Pretty much just check all the stuff you would for any other car. Make sure there is a squarish tray in the center console and a shelf in the upper glovebox. There is a fair chance your tires are underinflated. Many of us consider Toyota's numbers too soft. Enjoy the car.

5. greentea39

greentea39 New Member

Thank you so much all,

Would you please let me know what the valet cards are for?
    Also, how can I tell if the oil is overfilled? I am very excited!!

:lol:

6. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi Carrie, welcome to PriusChat and congratulations!

The Valet cards are a little pad of printed "Prius Driving 101" that you can give to a parking valet (like at a fancy restaurant) so they can figure out how to start and drive your Prius. They were a lot more necessary a year or two ago. Also be sure you get all the manuals, some people have reported getting the car but not the instructions.

The oil dip stick is under the hood on the front side of the engine, left side when looking at it, near the center of the car. It has a plastic yellow O (for oil?) as a handle and works just like the dip stick on a regular car. There are two bumps near the bottom; the bump closest to the bottom is the low oil indicator and the one about an inch up from that is the full indicator. Oil, which is hard to see when fresh, should not be above the upper bump. Too much oil in the engine can reduce your fuel efficiency and cause problems if the engine tries to inhale it.

Have fun driving your new car!

7. greentea39

greentea39 New Member

Hey thanks!!

I think I have a smaller and easier version of owner's manual hanging in the car.
    Maybe that is the Valet cards. So next time, I do the valet parking, I will hang this
    notebook in the car, just in case.

It's funny I couldn't start my Prii the second time I was going to drive it. I guess I was not
    pressing the brake pad when I turned on the car. I had to look at the manual.

Oh, I just love my Barcelona Red Prius!! Thank you all for the advice.