1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Picking up my Prime Premium this weekend, anything I should check before driving off the lot?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by juhjuhjuhjames, May 10, 2018.

1. juhjuhjuhjames

juhjuhjuhjames Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Pulled the trigger on a Prius Prime Premium in magnetic grey the other day! I was sold after the drive test. It definitely has more get-up than I thought, and drives like a dream! (granted, my current car is a 2000 subaru impreza). It's my first brand new car and I'm ready for the 55mpg life, I just paid $3.69/gallon here in Seattle the other day.

Picking it up this weekend! So just a quick question, besides the dealer checklist/inspection of the car, is there anything else I should make sure I check out before driving off the lot? All weather mats and cargo tray in the back, full charge, full tank of gas, etc.

Thanks everyone for their help! Excited to join the Prius family

jerrymildred likes this.
  2. Susan4ET

Susan4ET Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Congrats on the car. You get any tax incentives and/or rebates? Besides carefully looking over the exterior paint and trim and likewise the interior including things that have some functions I would, with the car in the shade and a strong enough light shinning across the window glass look for scratch damage. In my actual case a shipping container strap loosened up and badly scratched the left rear door window glass. Got the glass replaced under warranty.

#2 Susan4ET, May 10, 2018
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
  3. walterm

walterm Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    There was a thread about this just recently - a person was traveling a long distance to NJ to pick up their car and wanted to know precisely the same things.

What to watch out for while picking up the car from the dealership? | PriusChat

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    make sure you get two fobs and a tonneau cover.

5. EyePrime

EyePrime Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Congratulations!!
    I hope you enjoy it as much as us.
    Check if they passed up the car as they have to do that.

REMEMBER to make sure you get 2 keys their worth 500dollary doos each. And make sure the electronics work (Remote AC, Power Locks, Windows ECT)

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, They give u the charging cable. And I think the 100$ ChargePoint card if they still give it to people

6. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Congrats and welcome to the forum. Call and make sure the car has a FULL charge. Makes leaving the dealership so much sweeter.

7. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
  8. Roy2001

Roy2001 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Make sure you have all the accessories. When I picked up mine, the charging cable was not in trunk. I have to drive 15 miles back to ask for it, and I looked like someone that wanted to get a free one. Really don’t like that experience.

9. PT Guy

PT Guy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Read your contract and know exactly what you bought. Be sure everything is there. The owner's manual and the charging cable are two important items.

Ask to have someone check the tire inflation pressures while you watch. It is way too common for the tires to be inflated too high, and the guy who filled out the inspection report lied. The correct cold tire inflation pressures are listed on a sticker on the driver's door jam.

Understand that there is no spare tire. There is a jack & lug wrench under the rear seat to take a tire off for repair. There is a compressor and jar of sealant to seal small punctures on the spot without removing the tire. Learn about these from the dealer or at home. The Toyota free 2 year towing will bring you back to a dealer to fix anything including a tire, or the towing on your car insurance (if you bought it) will tow you anywhere to fix a tire. This might be important on days the dealership isn't open.

juhjuhjuhjames likes this.
  10. Llamaguy

Llamaguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    My car was missing valve stem caps on the passenger side for some reason. I luckily have a bulk bag of grey caps that look better than green anyways. Really just make sure the charger is there and same with any other accessories you're paying for. BTW you probably won't get a charged battery unless you have a really EV-centric dealer there in Seattle.