1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Picking up my Prius 3 today

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by dcdb, Jul 18, 2011.

1. dcdb

dcdb New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Good afternoon all,

I got a call from the dealer today, and my 2011 Prius 3 is ready for pick-up, over a week earlier than anticipated. While I've learned quite a bit by reading this site over the past month, I find myself feeling completely unprepared to pick this sucker up, especially since this is my first new car. I know it's last-minute, but any suggestions as to things to check and to do (or not do) would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to avoid any rookie mistakes or damaging my new baby on the way home.

Thanks in advance for any advice you guys may have!

Dan

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard Dan! Just press the button and drive. :)

3. Kennewick Man

Kennewick Man Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    X2................:cheer2::rockon:

4. dbeifeld

dbeifeld New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    We have something in common. I too received a call today that my new Prius has just arrived at the dealer. It certainly is exciting. I received my call at 6:45 this evening but have elected to pick it up mid-morning tomorrow, though they wanted me to come in tonight for it. I figured they needed more time to prepare it properly and they could wait for there money till the next day.

I was told July 2nd that that my choice of Prius, the first I will ever have owned, would come in between the 18th and 29th so I was really surprised that it came in as earlier as it had. No complaints there.

Best of luck with your new car; from what I've heard, it will give you years of pleasure. Happy trails.

5. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    To Dan & dbeifeld,
    Congrats on your new Rides. Just enjoy the new car. Continue to read PriusChat and you will learn & experience all the wonderful things your Prius has to offer.

And Welcome to Priuschat. Looking forward to reading about your adventures.
    Best Of Luck,
    Emil

6. Lars68

Lars68 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Congratulations! I just found out today that my dealer swapped an allocation and my Prius is being built next Tuesday in Japan! It should arrive in mid August. Can't wait! Enjoy and let us know how you like it!

7. Troyroy

Troyroy Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    One important note: That small metal tag that the dealer gives you with the FOB......put it away in your home....NOT in the car. If you ever need a new key.......that's going to save you mucho $$$$$$

Enjoy your new ride.......they are great !!!!!!!

8. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You don't need the metal tag. In fact, some regions have stopped giving out the key number plates because people lose them. However, your dealer should know your key number and you can just get that. If you ever need to have a key made, all you need to do is go to the nearest Toyota parts dept with your ID and vehicle registration and they can make it for you.

9. direstraits71

direstraits71 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    FYI The metal tag is of limited value as the number on it only allows the dealer to make a replacement mechanical key but won't help in replacement of a lost fob. Important Prius owner reminder: "Don't lose your Fob!!" They're expensive to replace, and even more expensive should you lose both of them.

10. vday

vday Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome all new owners
    Enjoy this amazing car
    we have for the last 18 months

11. duffasaurus

duffasaurus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Good luck on your new Prius, you will enjoy the experience that no other vehicle can deliver.
    Before you leave the dealership, make sure they spend the time with you explaining all the features of the vehicle. You don't want to fumble around while driving to find the windshield wipers or headlights, etc. if the weather should turn nasty on the way home! Also, if you have the blue tooth feature, have them pair your cell phone.

12. macphile

macphile New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I got mine Thursday. Assuming you need to finance with them and all, prepare to spend a while--2.5 hours in my case. They'll spend half an hour going over every dang-blamed thing. They'll go over every slip of paper in your manual pack. If you're lucky, you'll get a cookie--I got one because a vendor had brought them. Then they should call you the next day to make sure all is well.

The one thing he didn't go over was the hatch. I used it for the first time today and still have to fiddle with it. Also, that pull-out in the back? It comes off. I found that out tonight, too. It just sits in little divot things. I'm still not sure I see the point of it.