1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Picking up Prius Today - Tips?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by eric777, Jun 17, 2005.

1. eric777

eric777 New Member

Well, the wait is nearly over..........my silver prius is ready for pickup today!

Is there anything I should know before I pickup the car - accessories to purchase from the dealer, questions to ask, pitfalls to avoid (extended warranty/prepaid service) etc?

I am quite excited and appreciate any input that the Priuschat "enthusiasts" can offer!

eric777

2. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Need to see what it might look like:
    http://www.autowindowtintings.com//tintDemo.ihtml

Need to find a tinter:
    http://www.findatinter.com/

Also remember not all tint is created equal. They have traditional tints, metalic, and ceramic. We have some serious heat here in El Paso so I went with the ceramic 35%. Also I wanted something with a nationwide lifetime warranty from discoloration and bubbles.

3. Venturer

Venturer New Member

From our limited experience, (2 months), replace the cheap slippery oem tires with any of the ones discussed here. We put on Good Year Comfortreads and they made a big difference with stability in wind, rain, and uneven roads. Get the windows tinted to take a load off the AC. Others have done a number of things to theirs. We are holding off on anything more until we decide if we are going to keep it longer than a year. The mileage is great, although not as good as it's rated, but it is not a comfortable car to travel a long distance in compared to our other vehicles. It needs a better, more adjustable seat for the driver. It's fun to drive for short runs, but we don't know yet if it's worth what we are giving up in comfort and space to save on fuel expense.
    I know the excitement you are feeling. The Prius may be just the car for you. We're still undecided and waiting to see if it's for us.

Good Luck, Doug

4. bobc

bobc New Member

Eric,

Look under the Knowledge Base section. Members have put some great info together on what to do prior to and when picking up your vehicle.

Look at one of the first posts at the top of the main forum for info on extended warrantees.

Do a search for service warrantees and Lo-jack to get the scoop on these.

Also, read up on rear bumper applique and possibly replacing it with a matrix bumper protector.

Enjoy,