1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pickup new 2007 Prius this Saturday

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by gupchurch1349, Nov 8, 2006.

1. gupchurch1349

gupchurch1349 New Member

I will being picking up my new 2007 Prius this Saturday. White with grey interior, package four.
    Could anyone give me some suggestions for important questions I should ask my dealer before I take possession of the car. If anyone had their first day to do over, looking back, what would be some very important, critical items I need to ask. I want to be sure I cover all details.

Thanks
    Upchurch, in Kentucky

2. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Have in hand a delivery inspection sheet. Go over the car using the check list item by item (don't skip anything). Look underneath for plugs in the body, open the hood and look at fluid levels. There should be a window sticker listing "add-on" items and you should clearly understand what each item cost. The vehicle should be spotless, inside and out, on top and underneath.

There is a new format owner's manual in a black Toyota zip case. Go through each book and item carefully. The dealer should provide you with a full tank of fuel. Take a short "test" drive with the dealer in the passenger seat - listen and observe to the vehicle. You should receive two FOBs with the vehicle. Ask to meet the dealer's Prius-certified mechanic (and see their credential(s) from Toyota). Perhaps a bit extreme, but if the dealer expects you to come back for periodic maintenance, these are reasonable requests.

Ask what they charge per Liter (quart) of synthetic oil at each service interval. I had one dealer charge $10 per Liter!

There is no "cooling off" period in California. Make sure you are fully satisfied before leaving the dealership.

3. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(skruse @ Nov 8 2006, 04:49 PM) [snapback]345924[/snapback]</div>
    Wasn't there news recently changing this?