1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pics and specs for Aftermarket Stainless Hatch Closer

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by RobertO, Apr 21, 2004.

1. RobertO

RobertO New Member

Finally got pix back from Costco. There are 3 shot with a Contax 35mm SLR, showing close ups of the bottom view, straight on from the back and 3/4 view.

The Mercedes part Number is: Q-6-75-0004. Price at the Bellevue WA dealer is $ 23.00 for Stainless. As I said in an earlier post, perhaps BMW, Lexus, Infiniti or other dealer may have a simlar part for less.

Because I chose thin profile, chrome license place holders for both front and rear (so as not to detract from the clean lines of the Prius), you can see that the polished stainless material blends well and is almost invisible when viewed from behind the car.

IMPORTANT NOTES:
    1. Use SHORT bolts with just enough thread to lock the nut securely behind the licence plate.

2. Apply peel-off backed rubber or soft plastic "bumpers" to the hatch directly unter each bolt end to protect the pain on the hatch and preven tharmonic vibations. You can get these at any hardware store.

Remember that the handle you use to open the hatch was designed just for that purpose. If you use the license plate handle ONLY for shutting the hatch door, it should last you for may years - and you won't leave any finger marks on your nice paint job.

I used the one in the photos on my Mercedes for 6 years with no problems.

email me if you have questions.

Regards,

Bob

2. FarNorth

FarNorth Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Sorry, but all I can see are three black squares. I have not had problems in the past seeing pics. Check your end, please

3. N9IWP

N9IWP New Member

I see black sqaure also, BUT if I click on them, I gete the full sized pix and they look OK.

brian

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    It's because the images are too large for the server to automatically thumbnail them. If you click on them they're fine.

5. RobertO

RobertO New Member

Sorry, Danny:

I broke the .jpg size rule; it was getting late and I totally forgot to make them crummy so they'd fit!

I'll do better next time!

Meanwhile, rest of youse guys just click on the ugly black square and you got your .jpg images!

Regards,

Bob

6. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Come and get yo' whuppin', Bob!