1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pics: Barcelona vs Salsa red comparo

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by F8L, May 23, 2007.

1. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I know many of you always ask about Salsa Red vs Barcelona Red so we all end up posting pics but the lighting and angles may be different since the cars are never together. I saw a Barcelona Red car in the parking lot today and decided to take pics. Both cars were a little dirty so the shine isn't all it could be but you get the point.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*edit*

Up close the paint on the Barcelona Red car was very sparkely and although a bit to "red" for my taste, it didn't look as dull as it did in these pics.

2. Loveit

Loveit New Member

I really like the Salsa. Too bad they don't make the Prius in that color anymore.

3. Bohous

Bohous New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Thanks, I could never remember which was which and this helps. Personally I prefer the Salsa. Barcelona is a little too "tomato". Either way this post really makes me want to tint my windows.

4. R1200GS

R1200GS Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    with on the tinting. nice wheels too.

5. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(R1200GS @ May 23 2007, 08:25 PM) [snapback]448716[/snapback]</div>

6. priussoris

priussoris New Member

I like them both, but I lean more to the salsa now seeing them together.
    Good lookin car there F8L

7. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priussoris @ May 24 2007, 04:44 AM) [snapback]448918[/snapback]</div>

I was thinking the same thing but I'm obviously biased. lol Thanks again :)

I must state again that the Barcelona car did look good in real life. The paint had a really cool sparkle to it that didn't show up in the pics. The tomato comment was exactly what I was thinking.

8. kn6vv

kn6vv Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hold on folks! I love your red Prius colors but for those of us that are ignorant of the red colors like me with Seaside blue, I have to ask you all a question with reference to the photo in post #1.

The beautiful photo shows two different reds, Barcelona vs Salsa, but you don't tell us which Prius is which. :unsure:

If allowed to have an opinion I like the red on the "left" side of the photo maybe more than the "right" side but both are very nice, especially the wheels on the "right" side!

The red on the "right" side of the photo reminds me of the red paint used on Honda motorcycles years ago and I think was called "candy apple red" and had lots of metal flake in it for a sparkle effect, very nice!

9. priussoris

priussoris New Member

The Left prius is Barcelona Red Metalic the right is the Salsa

10. Darken

Darken Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priussoris @ May 24 2007, 07:44 AM) [snapback]448918[/snapback]</div>
    Really? I really like the Barcelona Red much better, if I had seen one on the lot I might have chosen it over my seaside....but then again my wife had a Salsa red Sienna which I thought was too maroon.

11. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darken @ May 24 2007, 09:50 AM) [snapback]449136[/snapback]</div>

I think that is the general concensus. For the people who like RED the Barcelona works great but for those of us who are not too fond of bright red the Salsa color is a great compromise. :) In all honesty I didn't even want a red Prius. I wanted a white one but there were only 2 in all of Sacratomato so I couldn't be too picky. lol

The Barcelona Red does have a ton more metal flake in the paint than the Salsa color. It looked alot like fingernail polish to me. :lol:

12. GoEco

GoEco Red Prii Rule

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    That's funny. I was wishing the Prius came in an even MORE true red color than Barcelona. I guess it's all a matter of taste.

13. Acelin

Acelin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ May 23 2007, 07:55 PM) [snapback]448687[/snapback]</div>
    That's typical for the Barcelona. Some of the metallic flakes appear to be of a gold-ish colour which gives
    the Barcelona a somewhat rosy hue in full sunlight. In the shade or overcast it takes on a deeper, richer red hue.
    Almost like having two different cars :)

14. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Tomatoes and Cranberries!

15. moxiequz

moxiequz Weirdo Social Outcast

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I fell in love with the Salsa red color the first time I saw it on the road. Alas, iall the 2007 models had was the Barcelona red. Barcelona (while quite a very nice red) was too bright for my tastes. I'm not really a "red car" person but I would've gotten the Salsa red if it had been available.

16. RobertG

RobertG New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    There's one of each among my coworkers, Salsa and Barcelona. I have Pine Mica Silver. We park in a covered lot. Too bad, it would be nice to get all three lined up together for a group photo. There's a fourth one, recently purchased, but I'm not sure what color. The percentage for this office building is fairly high (especially since the regional office for Mercedes Benz relocated).

17. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I prefer the Salsa Red, it appears more refined, like a Lexus or loaded Camry.
    Barcelona red may be better on the Hybrid X, which appears a little more sporty.
    The Prius just isn't sporty enough for the Barcelona red.

18. nncyang

nncyang New Member

I saw a Salsa red at the mall the other day and I thought it was an awesome cherry color. Personally, I like the Salsa more. How come Prius doesn't come in this color anymore? It definitely wasn't an option when I purchased my seaside pearl earlier this year. Is it a 2005/2006 model?

19. mrodwick

mrodwick New Member

I put a deposit on a Barcelona red thinking it was the Salsa red (on the Toyota build site the Barcelona looks much darker than in candid photos). Thank you so much for your comparison photo!!! I see fromyour photo that I don't like the Barcelona and would prefer the Magnetic Grey over that. Now the dealer is giving me grief about changing my mind b/c he traded away another Prius for the Barcelona and doesn't have any Magnetic Grey in stock. I just wanted to share b/c I'm feeling a little shaken and worried I'm not going to get the Prius of my dreams. But thanks again for taking the time to photo these two.

20. F8L

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(grn_rdhd @ Jun 6 2007, 06:18 PM) [snapback]457005[/snapback]</div>
    No problem. I just hope I didn't mess up your dream car or anything. The Barcelona is still a very nice color and all. I personally would get the Magnetic Grey over it though. lol

I'm just glad I was able to help people see the difference between the two. :)