1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pics of vent visors on a prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by shamrocks1980, Jul 19, 2006.

1. shamrocks1980

shamrocks1980 New Member

I was wondering if any one had any pics of their prius with vent visors, I am looking into getting them for my 05 prius but I haven't seen any with them on in my area.. Can anyone help me thanks

2. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrantonpaprius @ Jul 19 2006, 06:04 PM) [snapback]289080[/snapback]</div>
    Here is a view of mine a couple of years ago.

http://priuschat.com/forums/album_showpage.php?pic_id=326

3. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrantonpaprius @ Jul 19 2006, 09:04 PM) [snapback]289080[/snapback]</div>
    And here is a Link to another thread of the same subject with several pictures and details of the product on Post #11. Hope it help you on making your decission. ;)

4. shamrocks1980

shamrocks1980 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrbigh @ Jul 19 2006, 10:50 PM) [snapback]289149[/snapback]</div>

thanks I think I will order them, which are better the ones you use 3 m tape or the snap on?

5. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scrantonpaprius @ Jul 19 2006, 08:51 PM) [snapback]289175[/snapback]</div>
    Mine were installed with the tape and I have had no problems.

6. draedie

draedie Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I just installed the WeatherTech brand vent visors that fit into the track (no tape). You can buy them here at PC, but they call them Side Window Deflectors. I took some pictures since all of the links to photos on here seem to be old and expired. The fronts went in very easy, but the back ones were a pain. It probably took half an hour in total with the front ones taking up only five minutes of that time. These are the visors and the "retention clips" for the back ones.

[​IMG]

My Prius pre-visors.

[​IMG]

The front ones just pretty much pop into place. You put the front end/corner in first, flex it and put the back end in, and then work the middle into the slot.

[​IMG]

The back ones require measuring, but we just guesstimated. They provide a hook to pull down the weatherstrip material in the area you are placing the retention clip.

[​IMG]

This is a picture of the two retention clips in place, if you look closely. I'm guessing that they provide retention clips, because of how straight the top of the window is. My husband's Elantra's back window is more curved along the top and they fit in just like the front ones - no clips. Getting the back visors in was the biggest pain in the butt, but having two sets of hands helped. We actually broke a small piece off the one on the driver's side while trying to maneuver it into place around the clip. We just moved the clip over and the small chipped area is hidden inside the lining.

[​IMG]

This is the final product installed.

[​IMG]

I think it looks very nice from the outside, especially with my black car. You can barely tell it's there. I do have the whole problem with the window thinking it's hitting something while using the auto up and I haven't dealt with that yet. It still goes up all the way doing it the slower way, so I will probably reset it on the weekend. I personally haven't noticed any extra wind noise, only a slight rattling on one of the back ones over bumpy areas. I fiddled with it a bit when I got home today, so we'll see if that fixes the issue. The only other thing I've noticed is that visibility around the A-posts is slightly more difficult. They are wide to begin with and the visors just add an extra section to peer around. I hope these pictures help if anyone is trying to decide on vent visors.

Jerry Mcl and RT66 like this.