1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Picture in posts

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by Walker1, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Some things come very easy to me. In this case I could use a hand. I took a picture of Sir Gumdrop and am trying to display it on my posts. The only problem is; the picture is stored, but it doesn't show up when I post. What step(s) am I missing? I can't seem to make it work. Thanks. :(

2. sleeka

sleeka Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Are you trying to display it as an avatar? If so, it needs to be a certain size (detailed in photo specifications for adding an avatar under "my controls"at the top of page). You may need to do a little editing on the picture size in a photo editing program such as Photoshop or similar to bring the actual size and format to the required specs, then it will display in all its glory.

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    If you have placed the picture on the internet, you will want to link to that picutre. This tells Priuschat to go get that image from its host's server and place it in the post. In this case, you can click the IMG button in the "Reply" screen and complete the dialog box. Or, you can do what I often do which is handwrite it.

All you need to do is write (IMG)http://location.com/image.jpg(/IMG) or whatever. But instead of the ( and ) you use [ and ]. But you understand that I can't or else it will try to link to my example.

If you have the file on your hard drive, you will want to use the "File Attachments" section of the "Reply" screen under where you type in your post. But there are specific steps:
    1) Click the [Browse] button.
    2) Find the attachment.
    3) Click the [Add this Attachment] button. This actually transfers the attachment to the Priuschat server.
    4) Click the [Add Reply] button to post your message. In the message, there will be a link to the proper attachment. You do not see this link, but it's there.

I hope that's right and it works.

4. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It appears that you hit the nail on the head. my picture's on now. Thanks.

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

Nice tinting. Congrats on the car. I love to see the reflections of trees and sunsets in cars.

I had not looked too much at 2006's, but do they all say Hybrid on the side like yours? I just had not noticed until now.

6. sunnysandiegan

sunnysandiegan New Member

Yes, they all have the HSD emblem on the side.

7. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes, Both front fenders, and the Prius emblem on the back. See picture.

8. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Wow, your tint job looks fantastic! What % tint did you get? I'm going tomorrow to get my black Prius tinted: 20% on all the rear windows, 30% on the front windows (except for the windshield of course). Looks really really good!!!

And the way I tend to post pictures is this...I upload them into Photobucket (free picture hosting site) and then use the 'IMG' button in a new thread or post reply 'code buttons' section to put in the image IRL, that way instead of posting a thumbnail I post a full sized picture. I think people with slow connections (dial up, etc) must hate me for that though, because those pages take longer for them to download. I have cable connections on all the computers I've been known to use so I rarely even think about it. Doh! :eek:

9. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    1)Glad you figured this out
    2)I'll move this thread to the more appropriate Priuschat Website Questions forum after this post
    3)Very nice car and tint...suggest turning off the flash for photos of highly reflective stuff.
    4)Keep an eye out for the creepy guy with shorts, no shirt, and black socks that's been looking at your car! :eek: ;)[​IMG]

10. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sorry about that picture. I thought I deleted that one as the car is dirty. There was no flash on as far as i remember. That creepy guy lives here. I'll tell him about a shirt for next photo session. This car has the dealer exterior $630 treatment on it. everything reflects off this car-very reflective.

11. keydiver

keydiver New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey! That looks like the Acreage or Jupiter Farms! Someday we'll have to hookup and compare cars/mods! :D

12. slortz

slortz New Member

Wow! :blink: That is reflective...it's like a mirror. The sky and clouds look beautiful.

13. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

:D Wow! your car looks great!!! To bad about the harley emblem :p

14. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    That is a SWEEEEET picture with the reflections of the trees and sun. Wish I could do that but I got the Super White just doesn't reflect with the same quality. Did you just wax it? If so what type wax and method did you use?

Wildkow

p.s never mind the last part just read the rest of the posts. :unsure:

15. jimnjo

jimnjo Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Feb 19 2006, 12:33 PM) [snapback]212432[/snapback]</div>

Huh - I thought it would be more automatic than that...