1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pictures I took at the Detroit Auto Show!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by That_Prius_Car, Jan 23, 2011.

1. That_Prius_Car

That_Prius_Car Austin Kinser

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello all, I took loads of pictures for you guys and my website... Lot's of neat cars I got to see and sit in! They even had a track down stairs where you could ride in any car of your choice! The cars I rode in was the,
    1: Smart ED (electric drive)
    2: Chevy Volt (I took two rides in that. :D)
    3: BYD Dual Fuel Plug-in Hybrid (That guy burned out and drove fast!)
    They had tons more cars you could ride in too, they had 5 Volt's you could ride in, Cadillac Esclade Hybrid, Chevy Tahoe Hybrid, Chevy Silverado Hybrid, some Prius', a Ford Fusion Hybrid, and the new Lincoln MKZ Hybrid too, and lot's more that I can't think of. The best part about it was...there wasn't a lot of people down there! I didn't hardly have to wait in line to ride in these cars!

So without further ado, here are some pictures! :)

Attached Files:

4 people like this.
  2. SPEEDEAMON

SPEEDEAMON Professional Car Nut

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Good job. Those small contraptions that look like bugs you want to squish must have come from Japan. They love that stuff over there.
    Thanks

3. That_Prius_Car

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Haha, those are actually made from GM. :D

4. mikewithaprius

mikewithaprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Very cool...I'm heading to the Motor Trend Northeast car show next week, don't really know what'll be there, but hoping to see some new hybrids!

5. That_Prius_Car

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That's awesome!
    Yep, in just a few weeks, I'm headed to the Chicago Auto Show with Brad and hopefully Eric.

Speaking of the Chicago Auto Show, will I be seeing any PriusChatters?

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Love the Sonata Hybrid pics. I am curious as to what the "Earth" part is supposed to represent. I see an engine and a motor and the earth in the middle...

7. That_Prius_Car

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah, I love it, definitely something I'd consider buying.
    You know, I have no idea as to what that does or what it means yet. Maybe it serves as an energy monitor? Maybe the more eco-friendly you drive, Earth gets bigger, or better looking and when you drive badly, the Earth with shatter? No clue. :D

8. a_gray_prius

a_gray_prius Rare Non-Old-Blowhard Priuschat Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I went a few days ago. I was kind of left with the impression that Toyota is rehashing their current technology with the Prius v with no other new (seeming) cars. To their credit, they had a really cool set of modified Lexuses (especially the VIPed-out hybrid LS600hL). Ford seemed to put hybrid and electric tech in the spotlight, although their ability to bring real products to market is left unanswered.

9. That_Prius_Car

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah, Ford was interesting this year, they even had the circle drive thing with the Focus and Transit EV driving around it which was cool. I spent most my time at Toyota, Scion, and Lexus though. BYD was cool, Brad made best friends with the CEO of BYD's son and we got a free LED light bulb haha, but yeah.

Were you there?

10. a_gray_prius

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yup, went a few days ago during the week. Didn't have time to go for a ride in the EVs Ford had. It was amusing to finally sit in a finished Volt interior - I've sat in a few preproduction mules before, as I've met a few of the engineers working on the project. While I can't speak for the rest of the car, I think the Volt's user interface is miles better than the Gen3 Prius. I did find it interesting that the iQ is coming over to the US as a Scion. I sat in the show model they had - very nice interior for such a small car (roomy).

Honda didn't seem like they had much "new" other than the CR-Z and the 2 Civic concepts (although the RAV4 EV was on display). Mazda didn't appear to have anything new at all. I was a bit surprised by the number of hybrids and EVs that Mecedes had on display and how much attention was devoted to them. They seemed to be saying "we've been doing EVs for a long time, here are our newest ones" based on their display of the 190 electric.

11. That_Prius_Car

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah! The Volt really surprised me and I think it's a great car...and I'm actually headed to New Jersey with Brad today to pick up our Chevy Volt! :eek:

12. That_Prius_Car

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah! The Volt really surprised me and I think it's a great car...and I'm actually headed to New Jersey with Brad today to pick up our Chevy Volt! :eek:

13. That_Prius_Car

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Did you also notice that Nissan wasn't there!?
    I was so mad!

14. a_gray_prius

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Man, I have no idea how you manage to afford all these really expensive toys.

I didn't see Lotus, Lamborghini, or Ferarri either. I was hoping to see a 458 Italia in person (I don't know anyone with one yet).

1 person likes this.
  15. That_Prius_Car

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Elementary dear Watson! :D

Yeah, and Bently didn't even let anyone near their cars!