1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pininfarina B0 full-EV

Discussion in 'EV (Electric Vehicle) Discussion' started by markderail, Oct 2, 2008.

1. markderail

markderail I do 45 mins @ 3200 PSI

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This car should have it's own thread, it's due out in 2009.

Pininfarina | B0 (B Zero)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Bolloré and Pininfarina have entered into a partnership featuring all the expertise required to launch serial production of an electric car.
    This car will not be a prototype. It will be a mass production model, with the first units coming off the production line at the end of 2009, after which production will be ramped up gradually based on the availability of the batteries. Built in Turin by Pininfarina-Bolloré, a joint venture formed by the two family-owned groups, the B0 electric car will be powered by Bolloré’s proprietary LMP technology, using a combination of batteries and supercapacitors manufactured in Bolloré’s plants in Quimper, France and Montreal, Canada.
    The B0 will be a fully-electric vehicle without any carbon dioxide production, having been designed from the ground up with that aim in mind. Its batteries will be housed in a compartment specially designed for that purpose and located under the car, between its axles, lowering its centre of gravity and providing it with outstanding road-holding properties.

With its superb body styled by Pininfarina, Italy’s renowned vehicle design shop, the B0 electric car will be an elegant four-seater, four-door hatchback with an automatic gearbox. Its LMP battery, which will be rechargeable in a matter of hours from a standard domestic main socket, will provide it with a range of 250 km (153 miles). The B0 will have a top speed that is electronically limited to 130 km/h (80 mph) and will feature potent acceleration, reaching 60 km/h from a standing start (0 to 37 mph) in 6.3 seconds. The B0 will also feature solar panels on its roof and hood, so as to help recharge its electrical power reserves.

2. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It *should* have its own thread. But would be better placed in the proper forum... this is neither a Prius nor a hybird. Sweet looking car though.

3. GeekEV

GeekEV Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'll take one. How much? :D

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Waaay cool! I'll move it to the EV thread but have a permanent redirect so people browsing the news will see it.

5. markderail

markderail I do 45 mins @ 3200 PSI

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thx...I had looked for the right spot, not hard enough.

My thoughts is this will be in the 50,000$ range, considering the speed it can go at, and it's range.

6. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'm losing track of all the EVs that people are claiming will be on the market in 2009 or 2010. Forgive me if I'm skeptical. And why do they give the acceleration zero to 60 kilometers per hour? Nobody uses that figure for comparison. How long does it take to get to 60 miles per hour?

I propose a news blackout on announcements of EVs that their promoters claim will be sold in the future. Tell me whenever a new EV model is available. You can actually buy a Zenn, a Xebra, an eBox (if you live in CA), or a Rav4EV (if you can find one used). You can buy a Tesla if you've got the dough and a lot of patience, and it looks as though Aptera is actually coming (they have fully-functioning prototypes on the road). You can buy or build an EV conversion. But the Zap Alias and the Volt and the Pininfarina and the other dozen or so that people keep posting news items about are fantasy.