1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pinout for connector that fits to factory QI wireless charger?

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by Darien Day, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Darien Day

Darien Day Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    So I removed the factory QI wireless charger since it's useless to me.

It looks like it was being fed 12V:
    [​IMG]

Anyone have the pinout of the connector that was hooked up to this? I'd like to splice in a hidden 12V DC outlet.

#1 Darien Day, Jan 7, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
  2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    In the Electrical Wiring Diagram (more info), see connector I43, shown in the Wireless Charger System and Illumination pages of the System Circuit section.
    I couldn’t recommend this. Notice how the rated current marked on the wireless charger is 1 A, and its power consumption (消耗電力) is only 12 W. Unlike the existing 12-volt power outlet on the car, which has a dedicated 15 A fuse, the wireless charger is served by the ECU-ACC (5 A) and ECU-DCC NO.2 (10 A) fuses, which also supply several other important loads, such as the main body ECU, certification ECU, network gateway ECU, and steering sensor. Toyota hasn’t published an electrical load analysis, so we don’t know how much current those other loads draw from the same circuits, and thus how much capacity might remain for an added outlet.

Salamander_King and Darien Day like this.
  3. Darien Day

Darien Day Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Ok then, thanks! Going back to tapping into the interior fuse box with an add-a-fuse.

I'll just keep that harness connector for the factory QI charger, zip tied to the rest of the harness.