1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pkg.#5 3rd Gen. Prius>Heated Seats

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by priusworld, Oct 25, 2009.

1. priusworld

priusworld New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Has anyone had a problem with turning "OFF" their heated seats? I haven't used my heated seats to frequently. But the last time I turned them on. For some reason>>The seats would still get warm and the button was turned off.:confused: I had to drive around for about a week with warm seats. I just kept on playing with the buttons turning it on and off. Finally the seats don't get warm! :D

2. HI MPG

HI MPG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    No.. don't seem to have a problem with the heated seats in mine. My wife used them yesterday and didn't turn it off. So this morning when I drove, the brief second that the warmer was on, the seat became a bit toasty... It did stay toasty for the drive (possibly due to the leather maintaining the heat), but after about a two hour break, I jumped back in the car and the seats were fine.
    If it continues to be a problem for you, you might want to have the dealer look at it.

1 person likes this.
  3. jayvee

jayvee Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Nope, haven't had a problem. Although I hate the single-level switch and the location.

Sounds like you may have a defective switch!

1 person likes this.
  4. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I think you need to have it fixed those things must use quite a bit of energy, and a fire in that area could be bad. :eek: It would be best if you could take it in when it's stuck on, Otherwise they might give you the "we tested it and it's OK" line.

1 person likes this.