1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Pkg#8 Leather availability

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by kumu, Nov 7, 2005.

1. kumu

kumu New Member

My local dealer suggested, showing me a blacked out build list, that the '06 package #8 with the factory leather would not be available in New England. He was quick to say that they had someone local to install the leather aftermarket for $1600. Anyone else hear this from their dealer?

2. trevorlane

trevorlane Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    i haven't heard this from my dealer. i ordered from herb chambers.

3. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Slighty off topic -- but did your dealer say what packages are going to be available in New England? Mine still doesn't know
    :angry:

4. Maytrix

Maytrix Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Are you questioning more the availability of Pkg #8 or aftermarket leather?

I have leather in my 05. It was installed by a 3rd party, but the whole transaction was handled by the dealer, so it was installed when I picked it up. The dealer even took care of a small rip I noticed. I paid $1500 for it. Could have had heated seats for an extra $500.

Personally, I think the aftermarket leather I got looks better than pics of the 06 I've seen.

5. ml194152

ml194152 Member

You got ripped off. My dealer in Houston installed leather (and did a great job) for $1040.

6. Maytrix

Maytrix Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    While I may have paid more then necessary - I didn't shop around (I wasn't going to use another dealer and didn't want any unknowns by doing it after market myself), I don't think it's reasonable to compare cost paid in Houston to Massachusetts.

And.. just so we are comparing apples to apples - What does your leather cover? Mine is perforated and covers all the seats, center console and door arm rests.

7. ml194152

ml194152 Member

Its actually my wife's car, so I don't remember if its perforated or if it covers the side arm rests, but it does cover the center console. Its also a very high quality leather, nice and soft and smells great. I was very impressed with it. I had a 1987 Porsche 944S with leather and it wasn't nearly as nice as this. The Gulf Coast Region Toyota dealers all offer this option for the same $1040 price (at least for 2005 this was true). You can get it done either at the "port" or at the dealer.

8. Maytrix

Maytrix Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, for what it would have cost me to drive back from there, I'm happy with what I paid ;)

9. Spartan

Spartan New Member

This is true. My dealer told me that they will not bring PKG 8 too in NJ. I am not interested in the leather seats anyway but I will have a local installer put on a leather steering cover. :rolleyes:

10. 06prius

06prius New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    If this is true, this is irritating to me. I have never been interested in a car in which option package availability varied by location in the country.

While I know that a dealer could most likely get leather added for me, I would prefer it straight from the factory.

11. castinneford

castinneford New Member

I have an order in for a 2006 and wanted package 7 or 8. I was told that package 8 would not be coming to New Jersey.

12. Spartan

Spartan New Member

I had another discussion today with a friend who works for Toyota and he was telling me due to the high demand for PKG 8 and the number of vehicle manufactured certain US markets will not get it at least in the beginning. He said it will take 3-4 months well into April 2006 to start trickling in the tristate area as manufacturing picks up speed into 2006.

He also said that some dealers have received the brochures and next week he will be mailing it to me with the pkgs, colors and prices.

Rumor also is that the leather seats will be heated. Oh the horror of waiting... :angry: