1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Placed a deposit, finally.

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by parnami, Nov 28, 2011.

1. parnami

parnami Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    After two years of researching, criticizing, trying to compromise on features, walking away from a deal for the gen 3 because of the offer I received for my trade, not to mention having second thoughts about that "flying bridge" console, which always was a problem with me, tonight, I placed a deposit on a level 5 v. They want to close by the end of the month so they need to hussle to locate, transport and install the VIP security I require. But, it appears I'll be joining the ranks of Prius owners in a couple days!! :D

2. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well congrats on that!

I've got about an inch or so clearance for my right knee from center console in 3rd gen, so I like it. v is nice too, but a little bigger than I need.

3. PatTom23

PatTom23 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    We picked our V up last week. We are new to the Prius phenomenon and real happy with the car. The first tank of gas yielded 41.5 MPG in combined driving (town and freeway). We got the V FIVE with the Tech package and are getting use to the Nav and entertainment. All in all a good car so far.

4. parnami

parnami Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The end of the month came and went, no car. However, the salesman finally phoned, they're having one sent up from the port instead of driving one from some distant dealership. I like this this whole deal a lot better now! Projected delivery date is now Friday, a week from today! :)

5. parnami

parnami Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I just received an email from the salesman stating the car would be here mid week, and then he'd have to have the VIP security system installed, meaning, it's NOT being installed at dock as he originally stated. I preferred the idea of the dockside workers doing the installation thinking they'd likely have more experience and thus do a better job. Am I kidding myself? Is the system so complex that it really makes a difference who does it?

Also, how can I confirm it WAS, in fact installed when I pick it up? Is there a way to check to see that it's operating properly?

Thanks!