1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Placed Order For A Prius Today!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by BMWM3Z3, Aug 24, 2006.

1. BMWM3Z3

BMWM3Z3 New Member

Hi all my name is Dion. I have been lurking on this forum for almost 2 months now reading and learning about the Prius. I have to admit it is in no small part that this forum convinced me to buy a prius. I am actually a BMW Parts Sales Manager in SC and i know you are thinking "why didnt you buy a BMW?" Well I have all of you great people to thank for that. I was in the market for a new car but i wanted the best fuel economy i could get and still have a cool car. I have a 99 Suzuki X-90 right now as a show car so i like cool, unique cars that can be personalized. After all my lurking and reading this forum i decided to order my Prius. I Placed my order with David Ledford of Toyota of Adrmore OK. Why so far away? Because in their region they could get the Magnetic Gray PKG 7 that i want so dearly. They said it will be in on the 10th of sept and will have my VIN in 3 days. They have been very helpful. I plan on borrowing a friends tow vehicle and trailer to go get my new baby so i dont break it in on the highways. Im an ASE certified master tech so i know the drawbacks oif highway break in. Well i guess that sums it up. I think you will all be seeing alot more of me now :) Thanks for everyones unknowing help! LOL :)

2. janice45

janice45 Dudley Girl

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BMWM3Z3 @ Aug 24 2006, 08:55 PM) [snapback]309104[/snapback]</div>
    whats the draw back of a highway break in

3. BMWM3Z3

BMWM3Z3 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jan @ Aug 24 2006, 09:13 PM) [snapback]309110[/snapback]</div>
    Well in my particular case the long highway mileage. You never want to break in a new engine at steady load or RPM. Im not saying go from idle to redline randomly however. I have built numerous engines and I have always broken them in with moderateto heavy throttle but keep the rpm down. It aids in seating the rings properly. I always observe rpm limits. The other reason in my case is the drive from OK so SC is over 1000 miles and would be terrible for a new engine. I also would be going well over MY normal oil change distance for a new engine. The biggest problem with highway miles is that under steady load and rpm there is less load on the rings forcing them outward so rather than seating they tend to wear down and seal less efficiently. I plan on keeping my prius for a long time and i want maximum life out of it.

4. Lola&#39;05

Lola&#39;05 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BMWM3Z3 @ Aug 24 2006, 09:20 PM) [snapback]309115[/snapback]</div>

Why did you choose a dealer sooo far away? What kind of fabulous deal did you get?

5. BMWM3Z3

BMWM3Z3 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lola'05 @ Aug 24 2006, 09:24 PM) [snapback]309117[/snapback]</div>
    LOL! I knew this would be one of the first questions. Well i got my Magnetic Gray Pkg 7 for $27k tax,tag,title. BUT the biggest reason is i went to every dealer in SC and NC and nobody could even FIND a Grey PKG 7 in the Southeasten Toyota Region. So i used toyotas website and looked in different zip codes and found my car. I called several dealers in the area and all but this one had markup. When i called them they were shocked how far away we were coming from and the salesman said he would see what he could do for us to offset the trip costs. He called me back within 30 mins and gave me a price and i gave him a credit card # for my down payment

6. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Congrats...great story...welcome to the cult. :rolleyes:

7. janice45

janice45 Dudley Girl

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(huskers @ Aug 24 2006, 10:15 PM) [snapback]309144[/snapback]</div>
    getting back to break in I got my prius just before I had to leave town and was told as long as i didn't run it constintley as the same speed I was allright my first trip was maine to Mass. about 245
    miles I flexed with constuction snd crazies any where between 55to 75 You kind have no option on the highway .