1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Placing a phone call

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by caleco, Jul 11, 2007.

1. caleco

caleco New Member

Can anyone give me clues as to how to help voice recognition work successfully? I have been having trouble with consistent recognition as well as actually sending the call with the buttons on the steering wheel. Thanks.

2. TSaxman28

TSaxman28 Wandering Minstrel

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(caleco @ Jul 11 2007, 10:16 PM) [snapback]477265[/snapback]</div>
    One thing I've found is that you have to wait for the system to finish talking before pressing the talk or off-hook button has the desired effect, even though it say "press when ready." It's more like press the button when the system is ready, not when the driver is ready.

My voice recognition seems to be working OK. If there's a lot of noice (windows open, fan on etc.) sometimes it gets numbers wrong. You might want to experiment with a longer voice tag (if that's one of the things not working well for you). Instead of using "home," you might want to try "call home."