1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Planning to buy used Prius. Your suggestions please

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by solarpower, Sep 28, 2010.

1. solarpower

solarpower New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am planning to buy 2008 prius from a private seller for $15000 which has about 19,000 miles. What I should specifically look for other than usual inspections from the auto shop? I am bit concerned about the low mileage on the vehicle. Any suggestions?

2. krg03

krg03 Not expert, just experienced

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    What options are on the car. navigation, leather, jbl. Tells you the package which adds to the value/price if you bought it new. Drive it see if it pulls to the side (accident). Clean title (not salvage). Salvage title walk away. Unusual tire wear. Look at the headlights/tail lights. See if one is newer than the other (one might be clear and the other have residue. Accident on one side. Make sure all the lights work. Lift up the rear area carpet/panels and look around in the battery area. An area not usually cleaned. Look for rust, water damage. Ask for a carfax or sign up and look for yourself. All you need is the vin.
    Some people are not meant for the prius and expect 80mpg.
    I have 5 prii all used. I didn't buy 2 when I was looking.

3. Ryanpl

Ryanpl Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If the seller does not know the package you can get the VIN and call Toyota. They'll let you know. If the car has fog lights then you know it also has HID lights. If the key has a silver Toyota symbol then you have Smart Key, black symbol regular key. Good luck with your purchase.

4. krg03

krg03 Not expert, just experienced

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
  5. timtim2008

timtim2008 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    19k miles, should still be under warranty..

u should be ok