1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Plastic around the audio controls makes noise?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by MikeDS, Sep 6, 2009.

1. MikeDS

MikeDS Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey guys...my car sort of creaks a lot and its coming from the plastic around the stereo. If I push on it lightly it makes a creaking noise that is pretty loud. I hear it all the time going over bumps, around corners, etc. Never seen this in a car before. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just my car?

2. MikeDS

MikeDS Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm gonna bump my thread here...this is really bugging me. The whole piece of plastic from the shifter up to the radio controls just creaks like crazy. Every time I go over a bump, etc. If I just push on it a little, it makes noise. Is it just mine? Can I get this replaced by toyota, or is it just the way it is?

Thanks!

Mike

3. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  4. MikeDS

MikeDS Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    hmm...looks like everyone has totally different problems....none were quite what I have, from what I can tell...got to say I'm disappointed. This is my first Toyota and I thought they were good at fit and finish. This is far worse than my wife's Civic....

5. DeanFL

DeanFL 2010 owner - 1st Prius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Mine doesn't creak or rattle or squeak, but perhaps it's a matter of time...

You're right, and something I noticed early on. The plastics in the cabin, especially in and around the console area easily make noises when pressed. Personally I think overall, Toyota used good quality materials in almost every area of the car - except for the immediate area we live in. Don't know if it's the new environmental-friendly plastic or lack of cushioning between parts, but they do creak when stressed a bit. Also seem to be very easily scratched. And does my dash top and console top collect dust!

6. dmvp

dmvp Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Mine also seems very quiet...no rattles or creaks or squeaks that I'm aware of.

A few people have mentioned taking their car back to the dealer, and the dealer actually finding the source/problem. Looks like that might be an option for you!

7. MikeDS

MikeDS Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hmm...maybe I'll try taking it in...