1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Plastic cover over speedometer help

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by untitledblue, Aug 24, 2009.

1. untitledblue

untitledblue New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was cleaning my dashboard yesterday and accidentally sprayed onto the plastic cover protecting the speedometer, etc (I know, I know). I noticed today spottiness underneath the plastic cover. I know this will irritate me to no end since it is more or less an opaque film.

Does anyone know how I can fix this without breaking the plastic cover? If not, should I just go to the dealership and have them do it (is that going to cost a lot)?

2. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Did you spray onto the cover or the mirror that reflects the image? The usual problem is that dirt or spray gets onto the glass that is down in the flat part of the dash. Since the spedo image is reflected, you think the dirt or spray is up under the plastic of the mirror, but it isn't. It is actually on top of the display down in the dash (the part that faces upward toward the mirror).

Try cleaning the glass on the flat part of the display down in the dash. It's right up front under the windshield. It's a tight fit, but you can reach it with your hand.

Tom

3. untitledblue

untitledblue New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow, thank you very much! You were correct-and I didn't even know that existed.

Thanks again (now I can go back to work in peace)! :D